Author Topic: Anxiety Getting the Best of Me  (Read 7979 times)

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
Re: Anxiety Getting the Best of Me
« Reply #30 on: March 17, 2011, »
At this point I am pretty happy. I built two dongles, programmed the PICS and successfully tested them. I built an express, programmed the PIC. I hooked up a string of lights on channel one and one of the neatest things I have seen occurred.......my own computer controlled Christmas lights started blinking and flashing just the way they were supposed to ;D ;D ;D

So first I want to thank RJ for making this happen.  <res. Also, the coop managers and administrators of the site need a big thank you. And of course everyone else on DLA gets a thank you.

I will test out all the channels on the Express over the next couple of days to verify 100% operation.

Since there is almost always something that goes wrong Murphy did get me with the Express Configuration Utility. I can't update the light list but once I get that taken care of its time to sequence............to be continued.

Rich

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #31 on: March 19, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I found 6ft cords at walmart for 97cents. if it helps.

Actually it did. A little checking on prices from the home improvement stores and some overpriced public school math showed Wally World to be the cheaper supplier.

Aww now take the Walmart price to your local exchange or whatever they call it in the Navy and get them to match price and be tax free :)

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
« Reply #32 on: March 19, 2011, »
I found 6ft cords at walmart for 97cents. if it helps.

Actually it did. A little checking on prices from the home improvement stores and some overpriced public school math showed Wally World to be the cheaper supplier.

Aww now take the Walmart price to your local exchange or whatever they call it in the Navy and get them to match price and be tax free :)

You know, I totally forgot about that. I will have to check to see if they have some of the things I used for this build or some alternate things.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #33 on: March 19, 2011, »
i think it would be NEX for Navy, MCX for the Corps, and CGX for the Coast Guard. AAFES still is Army & Air Force. 
anybody remember if veterans can get in, or do we have to use Veterans Canteen?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #34 on: March 20, 2011, »
All you need is your ID

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #35 on: March 26, 2011, »
At least you are in a current coop. I just recently found this place and have nothing ordered. ;D
Great site I might add.

This is my problem, I so want to get some of the smart strings, but missed the coop for the controllers and hub. I am guessing someone will put together another coop for them sometime later in the summer for us late comers or people that missed the first coop.  But at this point I am just reading what I can on here to learn what I need to know and start making my plans. I would love to put together a halloween show.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL