Author Topic: Having Fun at The Academy  (Read 7383 times)

Offline combustionmark

Having Fun at The Academy
« on: June 15, 2012, »
Day one was a blast. Have some new toys to play with, and a lot of new ideas.

Met RJ, and he even checked out my ether dongles for me, Now I know I am having software problems, The dongles work perfect.

Thanks RJ.

I attended haunt animation class, video class, and an interactive displays class. I am already on information overload, 2 more days, Going to be fun.
Have Fun!

Offline angus40

Re: Having Fun at The Academy
« Reply #1 on: June 15, 2012, »
Great to hear , i bet its a buzz just being there .

I can imagine the info overload , wish i could have gone !

What is the turn out like so far ?

Offline smeighan

• Patron Member
    • Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #2 on: June 15, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Great to hear , i bet its a buzz just being there .

I can imagine the info overload , wish i could have gone !

What is the turn out like so far ?

I think ryan said 220+.

I had near a full room on my nutcracker talk. Nice group of folks. I went to matt browns talk on xlights and david moores talk on coro. went to madrix talk in evening (new effects coming for the nutcracker after that).

lots of blink flashy ..

one room has a man in an electic chair for their halloween display.

i want to hit the solder labs tomorrow. I leave sunday morning (i want some of fathers day back home).
Tomorrow looks pretty full.

thanks
sean
Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline angus40

« Reply #3 on: June 16, 2012, »
Awesome Sean !

I can't wait to hear /read what all the  folks that attended  have to say about their experiences .

Sounds like a success @ 220 plus .

Enjoy your fathers day

richard

Offline keitha43

Re: Re: Having Fun at The Academy
« Reply #4 on: June 16, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Day one was a blast. Have some new toys to play with, and a lot of new ideas.

Met RJ, and he even checked out my ether dongles for me, Now I know I am having software problems,
what software are you using? If it is lsp I am here at the academy and can show you how mine is set up. It could still be your computer unless RJ tested another software on your computer. I would try something like xlightsn if things work with that, then it is your software.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #5 on: June 16, 2012, »
Sure we can catch up. Thanks.

Look for a purple "Zombies Love Braaains" T shirt.

I plan on attending RJ's classes today.

Ready for more!!!
Have Fun!

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #6 on: June 16, 2012, »
Looks like I will be in "Blue Bonnet 3" most of the day.

SS basics, LSP, and Ether dongle classes.

Brain dump in progress.................................
Have Fun!

Offline keitha43

« Reply #7 on: June 16, 2012, »
I will be in the beginning lsp the etherdongle and adv soldering and adv smartstrings today. Look for the largest backpack.

Sent from my Thunderbolt using Tapatalk 2.

Offline bassmants

« Reply #8 on: June 16, 2012, »
Stop rubbing it in! :'(

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #9 on: June 16, 2012, »
Just picked up 200 smartstring lights from the Academy.  Conductor is gonna change the game in light animation!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #10 on: June 16, 2012, »
I've been to virtually everything related to Smart Strings, xLights and Nutcracker.
Missed the Madrix presentation Friday night, though. Took my wife out for an anniversary dinner.

Between Nutrcracker 2 and Conductor, the future is exciting.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: June 16, 2012, »
Met lots of DLA members here and a bunch of others whose names I recognize from other forums.  The conductor looks great.  RJ gets no rest here.  As soon as one person corners him with a question more show up.  Most or the speakers I have listened to have plans to post there presentations so be watching.  RJ's demo megatree using flex strips is super.  It convinced my wife to tell me that she wants one.  My project list is growing.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #12 on: June 16, 2012, »
I've been to virtually everything related to Smart Strings, xLights and Nutcracker.

Same here, I did the LSP and missed out on the adv soldering. Hope RJ posts a video, sounded like it was a good class. Jumped between the Haunt show N Tell, The Flood off, and the laser classes at the end of the day. Way more cool ideas.

Didn't get around to fixing the communication problem with my ether dongle, I now know I have problems with my laptop. I will try once I get home.

Also picked up cases for my expresses, mr16s, and splitters. Hope the pixelnet splitter fits the same splitter case.

I think Santa should load RJ some elves. Any time I saw him, He was covered with people, or running to get coop kits.

One more day, Hope my head doesn't explode.

Having Fun
Have Fun!

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #13 on: June 16, 2012, »
Well so far it has been a great academy IMHO.

Ryan & I talked last year in the early stage of planning and we were hoping for 200 people. That was exceeded.

I have got chance to make classes on xlights and nutcracker. It is so hard for me to find time to read enough on stuff like that to learn to use it. But having the chance to sit down and be taught the software was great! I finially learned the two of them. By the guys that made them!

The days have been so full I have been at the conference center 12 hour both days so far. Juat so much to see and learn. I have not made to any of thw halloween stuff yet!

Hoping everyone is enjoying it as much. I know you must be tired of hearing from me after the 3 + hrs of etd & conductor class. I think or at least hope most people got it! I think they did. It helped having a mega tree running all weekend on a conductor to show how reliable it is. The most popular question for me has been "WHEN IS THE COOP!"

another exciting day tommorow when I have some classes where you guys get to beat me up on the operation of DLA.

Got to meet a lot of DLA members for the first time which is always great.

One member came up and said he runs 64 expresses and that they have all been totally trouble free. That is a great feeling.

Keith Tarpley has been as helpfully as always, you would be hard pressed to find a better person anywhere!

people have just bent over to help us with anything. Tonight I needed to get half a room full of stuff cleared out with little time since they were closing the center and throwing us out. I looked up and like 6-7 people popped up and started moving boxes for.me. We were done in 5 min. Thanks guys for the help.

Time to get some sleep to be ready for tommorow. Wish everyone could be here.

RJ

Sent from my Charge by Tapatalk

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline txburr

Having Fun at The Academy
« Reply #14 on: June 16, 2012, »
It's been a great day once again.  RJ, thanks for your great class and providing some of us with more ideas