Author Topic: Superstar sequencer question?  (Read 907 times)

Offline Robert

Superstar sequencer question?
« on: December 16, 2012, »
My question is this, I'm in the planning stage of building a DIY CCR tree,6 strip WS2811. I've got a Lynx Express V4. Still gotta get the rest of the pieces. The LE is limited to 128 pixels per SSC and a CCR has 150. If I purchase the LOR S3 whith the superstar Sequencer, can I adjust the pixels count in sequencer to compensate for the LE not putting out the 150 pixels?

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: Superstar sequencer question?
« Reply #1 on: December 16, 2012, »
Huh?

The LE doesn't do Smart Strings. The SSC's don't talk to the WS2811 chips. The 128 pixels limit is a hardwire number along with a safety issue. No software will change that.

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline Robert

« Reply #2 on: December 16, 2012, »
I knew the le didn't do smart strings. I didn't know the SSC didn't talk to the ws2811 though..

I was wondering if you could adjust the pixel count per strip in the program?

Looks like I got some more reading to do.

Offline Night Owl

« Reply #3 on: December 16, 2012, »
The LE is limited to 128 pixels per SSC and a CCR has 150. If I purchase the LOR S3 whith the superstar Sequencer, can I adjust the pixels count in sequencer to compensate for the LE not putting out the 150 pixels?

I knew the le didn't do smart strings. I didn't know the SSC didn't talk to the ws2811 though..

I was wondering if you could adjust the pixel count per strip in the program?

What did you mean when you said the LE was limited to 128 pixels per SSC?  A LE is a 16 channel dimmer box.  A SSC controls up to 128 RGB pixels.  A LE cannot control a RGB pixel.  Doesn't the CCR already come with a controller box?  Or were you trying to use the CCR like a smart string?

Do you already use S3?  If so, how do you like it?  I'm still using Vixen but plan on moving to something else next year.  Which is what I said LAST year...   ;D
« Last Edit: December 16, 2012, by Night Owl »

Offline wwwgator

• S.E. WI
« Reply #4 on: December 17, 2012, »
The SSC's will not talk to a CCR.
 Using the correct smart string nodes ( individual pixel LED's, Squares, or Strips) you can have any node config from 1-128 no more.

See the wiki for the devices that will work on the PixelNet SSC/DSC controllers.
I know nothing......and I prove it DAILY!!!

Getting crazy ideas and breaking stuff since 1977

Master Electrician/ Electrical Inspector/ Evil Genius (apprentice)