Author Topic: Free Online Video Editor  (Read 798 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
Free Online Video Editor
« on: October 31, 2013, »
Does anyone out there know of a free online video editor that allows you to:
-upload your own music
-sync said music to video
-add titles/transitions

Most I've seen only allow you to choose music from their libraries.  I had higher hopes for the video editor on my phone.  It lets you pick a song but it keeps looping the song for the entire video. 

I have Premiere at home, but then I have to convert the HD video and it takes forever to render.  I finally get some great footage of RGB components and I can't share with the world!  LOL.

Thoughts/suggestions?

Thanks!
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline txag2008

• Lights of Nazareth
Re: Free Online Video Editor
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2013, »
Haven't ever seen anything like that online.  I would stick to Windows Movie Maker (or iMovie if mac user) if you're wanting something basic but really functional.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline mms

« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, »
Does Windows Movie Maker support HD?  I know on my XP machine it crashes every time I try to open an HD video file.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, »
Does Windows Movie Maker support HD?  I know on my XP machine it crashes every time I try to open an HD video file.

Yep, it sure does, I've edited my Halloween videos using it.

Offline mms

« Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, »
OK... I'll try that on my newer laptop with Windows 7.  :)

Thank you!

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: October 31, 2013, »
+1 HD Movie Maker on Win 7. 

PS - You might want to investigate uploading HD stuff.  IE - You need to be a paying/pro member to upload 1080p HD on Vimeo... 
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mms

« Reply #6 on: October 31, 2013, »
+1 HD Movie Maker on Win 7. 

PS - You might want to investigate uploading HD stuff.  IE - You need to be a paying/pro member to upload 1080p HD on Vimeo... 

I tried using the editing tools on YouTube this morning.  That's when I ran into the whole uploading my own audio problem.  It doesn't look Vimeo will let you import your own audio either, but, I am wondering, does Vimeo block content on portable devices if it detects copyrighted material?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #7 on: October 31, 2013, »
Not sure.  I assume Vimeo or any other host would block copyright material.  My stuff is OK...  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Right now there is so much of copyright abuse going on that I think us blinkers are for the most part under the radar.  As a pro musician, I think more successful artists ;D realize what we do is basically promotion and they are OK with it.  I believe TSO has publicly acknowledged this.  That said, at any given time the Feds could should up at a wedding and demand the DJ produce evidence that he or she has an ASCAP/BMI license in place for the use of the music... 

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline mms

« Reply #8 on: October 31, 2013, »
I agree, I'm surprised more artists don't just "embrace" their blinky-flashy following.  If I were an artist, I'd release a Christmas album of just up-beat, lighting-friendly cuts with the mandate that I'm tagged appropriately on YouTube.  I mean if George Lucas allows any parody of Star Wars so long as you don't make money on it... just sayin.

It'd be tough to argue that a wedding is a public performance, but I know exactly what you're saying.  I took a Music Business class in college and there was a case study that a mom and pop pharmacy with a radio on the counter had to be licensed, even though customers went there weren't going for the "performances" on the radio and even though the radio station had proper licensing.  Same goes for sports bars showing games.  Some of them can show the picture, but not turn the sound up.  Really bizarre rules.

Heck, our radio station cluster had to settle a copyright complaint (for a lot of money, I might add) because an intern posted a protected photo on Facebook for one of the morning shows.  It's now corporate policy for any air staff to "share" things now.  The suits figured that it's harder to define where the copyright infringement started if you share vs. add.

Some folks getaway with breaking the FCC mandates on FM transmitters too, but that's another thread! :)

Offline zwiller

« Reply #9 on: October 31, 2013, »
You're good!  Arguing a wedding reception as a private performance...  But the DJ got paid.  That might work once or twice... ;D

Funny, I was going to tell you the story about something that happened near me but didn't think you'd appreciate it.  I think you will.  Feds raid local restaurant (think Mayberry) that sits 200-300 people.  Big fines and whole shebang.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  Also heard that in Cleveland (hour away for me) they are going after cover bands... 

Who da thunk this blinky hobby was so rogue?  Pushing limits of FCC mandates, copyright infringement, NEC compliance, and zoning...   ;D

The real bottom line is by my research vimeo is less stringent than you tube.