Author Topic: 1st yr display  (Read 1197 times)

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
1st yr display
« on: November 04, 2012, »
This will be my first  year attempting a display.. <yk..  I have all my elements put out just waiting for my LE and the parts for my dongle to come... Hope it all goes on without a hitch. Wish me luck.

Offline urthegman

Re: 1st yr display
« Reply #1 on: November 04, 2012, »
Good luck!!! You are definitely in the right place as far as equipment goes and people who are more than willing to help. I'm sure you will do fine.

Offline typoagain

« Reply #2 on: November 04, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This will be my first  year attempting a display.. <yk..  I have all my elements put out just waiting for my LE and the parts for my dongle to come... Hope it all goes on without a hitch. Wish me luck.

My I suggest you start stringing those lights! I normally start the day after Halloween. This year I have to wait till Tuesday!
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #3 on: November 04, 2012, »
Oh there all strung up just have 4 lower floor windows and 1 around my bedroom window (this ones a doozy) my ladder will not go in that area because of my porch. But all in all the display is pretty much finished.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #4 on: November 04, 2012, »
Oh there all strung up just have 4 lower floor windows and 1 around my bedroom window (this ones a doozy) my ladder will not go in that area because of my porch. But all in all the display is pretty much finished.

must be nice! lol it is also my first year. i planned on starting yesterday but it rained all day. sun is supposed to be shinning all week though so i should get a good jump this week.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #5 on: November 04, 2012, »

must be nice! lol it is also my first year. i planned on starting yesterday but it rained all day. sun is supposed to be shinning all week though so i should get a good jump this week.

duane

Good luck to you Btw. I made sure i did my roof before the temperature started to drop didnt wanna be on a ladder while it was cold and windy.

Offline duane.mosley

• hearthstonelights.com
« Reply #6 on: November 04, 2012, »

duane

Good luck to you Btw. I made sure i did my roof before the temperature started to drop didnt wanna be on a ladder while it was cold and windy.

the roof is what i am concentrating on, i am doing 8 snowflakes and icicles all the way around the house. i am just 15 miles south of Cincinnati and our weather can change with the flip of a dime so the roof was my first thoughts too. hope our shows run smooth for the first year. good luck on yours.

duane
Florence, KY

facebook.com/hearthstonelights

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #7 on: November 04, 2012, »
Yea my roof was 28ft up and i'm using icicles ladder is old and scared the snot outta me lol.

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #8 on: November 04, 2012, »
Just checked my mouser order and my dc/dc converter says it wont ship till 1/28/2013 so i might be SOL this year. :(

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #9 on: November 04, 2012, »
Just checked my mouser order and my dc/dc converter says it wont ship till 1/28/2013 so i might be SOL this year. :(
Your LE kit will go in the mail tomorrow. You should have it in a few days.
If you need a usb dongle, I have a spare I can loan you until your part comes in.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #10 on: November 04, 2012, »
Oh wow that would be awesome ill take good care of it if u did that or if anything happens youll receive my dongle and parts.   :'( It's touching to say the least that people help so much.  +100 for everything Rj and everyone helping run things do.

Todd
« Last Edit: November 04, 2012, by devoidelk »

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #11 on: November 04, 2012, »
I started today and im on a roll. The house is just about done. I havent put any le's out yet but still doing good. The show must start thanksgiving after i fill my belly....... <pop..
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline typoagain

« Reply #12 on: November 05, 2012, »
I started today and im on a roll. The house is just about done.  <pop..

Are you just trying t make me jealous? lol   <res.

Well, at least it is going to be clear with a light breeze and a high of 78 for me.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline devoidelk

• Facebook
« Reply #13 on: November 06, 2012, »
I am done sequenceing the display is up now to wait for my gifts from rainlover to come and then ill be done so about 2 weekends from now ill have it tested and running.