Author Topic: MR16 vs. Aether  (Read 643 times)

Offline LondoB5

MR16 vs. Aether
« on: February 09, 2011, »
This has probably been asked before. But I did a search but couldn't find anything.

Does it make more sense to build the Aether (a few) when that co-op comes up, or does it make more sense to build an MR16?
I realize that I am talking apples and oranges here, but I wanted to know from the experienced DIYers out there which is better (I know, that's a bad question to ask).

In other words, if you are using both an MR16 and an Aether or two (or 6), what applications do you use for each?
Does it make sense to have both, or is it better just to do one or the other?

I don't have either at the moment, and I was wondering for which future co-op I should wait....or should I do both...or neither...
Is there something better (again, bad question, I know).

Thanks in advance!

By the way, sorry...I know I should avoid using the term "better" when looking at 2 dissimilar items, but it was the only qualifier I could think of...

Offline tbone321

Re: MR16 vs. Aether
« Reply #1 on: February 09, 2011, »
As you said, it is not a matter of being better, only different.  The MR16 is a DC controller while the Aether is a very bright LED RGB floodlight and it really depends on what you are looking for.  If you want a very bright wall wash that can change colors at will, then the Aether is the way to go.  If you want to place a lot of lower powered single color LED floods around the property then the MR16 would be a better fit.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: MR16 vs. Aether
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, »
I'm thinking about the possibility of using 48inch Flourescent lights    ;D
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!