Author Topic: Arches  (Read 816 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
Arches
« on: August 02, 2010, »
I have a quick ?, I am building my arches useing the sleave method and when I wrap the 100 mini's on the poly pipe it takes up 13 inches is this correct or am I wrapping to close none of the wires cross each other, also what do yall do with the excess wire at the plug end.

Thanks for any help yall can give

JEFF
Jeff

Offline budude

• OK - onto 2012!
    • Christmas in San Jose
Re: Arches
« Reply #1 on: August 02, 2010, »
Some folks simply cut the plugs off the end and heat shrink off the ends. The plugs can be used for other projects. Of course this means you won't be able to chain strings together later if you want to reuse them for something else...

Offline magic8192

« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2010, »
I just tuck them into the last wrap so they will be facing the back of the display.

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: August 03, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I have a quick ?, I am building my arches useing the sleave method and when I wrap the 100 mini's on the poly pipe it takes up 13 inches is this correct or am I wrapping to close none of the wires cross each other, also what do yall do with the excess wire at the plug end.

Thanks for any help yall can give

JEFF
Thanks for the input I ended up just laying the excess along the poly pipie and wrap over it , One is completed my first arch and it looks GREAT four more to go
Jeff