Author Topic: Arch splashes  (Read 1355 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Arch splashes
« on: March 10, 2011, »
I'm not sure what they are really called but this is what came to mind.  I noticed some shows this year had what appeared to be LED tubes located at the base of each arch and they would light from base to tip and act like a splash each time the arch would hit the ground.

I'm trying to understand what could be used for this besides a standard piece of rope light.  It seams like some kind of DMX device.

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
Re: Arch splashes
« Reply #1 on: March 10, 2011, »
Check out holidaycoro.com....I think he sells this as a kit...it does look really cool

Offline D56VillageNut

• Patron Member
    • Thompson Snow Village
« Reply #2 on: March 10, 2011, »
Sounds like from the OPs description that someone may have used snowfall tubes or blizzard lights or some other "falling" pattern light source and put it upside down.  That's how I'd maybe do it.  Thanks for the idea too.

Alan T

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: March 11, 2011, »
Here is one example where I noticed them.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
« Reply #4 on: March 11, 2011, »
Well that looks pretty cool!  I'd make a comment on the youtube page if you wanted more info from him about it.  Never have seen that type of thing before.  So far anyone I've asked for info is more than helpful because all of us are proud of being unique but not afraid to share it with others who enjoy the lights as much as we do!

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #5 on: March 11, 2011, »
In the video, it looks more like a single string of lights but put into a pattern ala Holdeman Star style.  You could probably just cut out a semi-circle then drill in a pattern of 5-6 lines of varying length holes and stick the lights through.  Maybe coroplast would work better?
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #6 on: March 26, 2011, »
It also doesn't look like they do any pattern either, although a pattern would be cooler. Just 1 channel to do it per splashdown the way that video has it. My only complaint was he used it when the lights started shooting out of the splashdown area, which doesn't make sense to me, should only be if the chase ends there.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline Jeffl

• Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #7 on: March 26, 2011, »
I have some warm white LED rope light coming that I might try this on.  Having an animated tube would be nice but I'm think the cost would be way to much.

Offline mcangeli

• Original Gangsta
    • Mcangeli
« Reply #8 on: March 27, 2011, »
Couldn't you just use some shorter lenghts of lights (20 count?) And some piping to create your own splashes?

Or, use rope lighting...