Author Topic: Strobe light question  (Read 2247 times)

Offline deanathpc

• Brooks Family Lights
Re: Strobe light question
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just wanted to let you all know diycis trying to get a strobe coop going they are around 20% cheeper then the others 

Probably wouldn't get done in time for the Halloween display though right?
-------------------
Dean
Check out our web site: 

2011 Light Count: 8,700

[img width= height=]http://www.vixenlights.com/sig/sig_h.php/160.gif[/img]

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
« Reply #16 on: September 28, 2011, »
Thought I'd share...

Jeff Trykoski  (Illumimax) posted on LHS...

Please note - I will be posting this weekend my remaining on-hand inventory (LED's, bulbs, sockets, plugs, strobes, etc.) for the season along with updated pricing for those of you looking to make some final additions to your 2012 display.

If you have been on the fence about using strobes in your Halloween or Christmas display, I have plenty available at a great price point.

Jeff

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, »
I was planing on using 20 for my display (3 or 4 per second).  Do they look random the moment they come on or does it take a while for them to get into a random pattern?

These:

If you read this threadYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login RJ says to dim just a few seconds prior to wanting them on. Dim to the point they "charge" but dont turn on. Then give them 100% and they will look random. NOTE: Only dim LEDs...I think. At least RJ said the ones in my link are dimmable

Offline Christmas.joe

• Listen To Those Lights!
« Reply #18 on: September 30, 2011, »
I was planing on using 20 for my display (3 or 4 per second).  Do they look random the moment they come on or does it take a while for them to get into a random pattern?

These:

If you read this threadYou are not allowed to view links. Register or Login RJ says to dim just a few seconds prior to wanting them on. Dim to the point they "charge" but dont turn on. Then give them 100% and they will look random. NOTE: Only dim LEDs...I think. At least RJ said the ones in my link are dimmable

The website that sells what I'm interested in says this "Caution: When using strobes with light controllers, turning them on and off rapidly or using them with fading or lower intensities can damage them."

I'm guessing the one's RJ is referring to are not the same, perhaps his are the LED strobes.

« Last Edit: September 30, 2011, by Christmas.joe »
First Live Show 2011 Success Is Good!
12,000 Lights 32 Channel
Alabama

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #19 on: September 30, 2011, »
Yes I use Cdi's led strobes

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying