Author Topic: Parallel Port Relay or SSR PCB Board (8-12 channel)  (Read 2815 times)

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
I know its is  :oLD stuff.  I have a coworker that wants to play around with a small dirt cheap light show (money is real tight for him).  I was wondering if there was such a thing as just the PCB.  I can find many kits and pre-built ones but not just the pcb by Google.  Most of the circuits price from about $20-$50.  I think that is to much money for it.  Also the circuit seems very simple.  If anyone could provide me with a place to buy them or suggest a breadboard type pcb that would work to mount the parts.  Also if you know of a diagram of the circuit, that would be helpful.  I see some with transistor drivers for each channel and some with a TTL driver IC chip.  We work on engineering copiers and have found that a bunch of part machines have 2 each 16A @ 240V ssr's that are marked 5VDC on the other side.  I guess the 5V trigger would be what I need for the 5 volt from the parallel port output?  Or would I need a lower then 5 volt?  Anyway I am somewhat new to this and I am in the current Lynx coop. (Can't wait till they arrive) 

I guess if I could find just the front side of the circuit, connector and 74HC245 chip circuit and pcb etc, I could mount the ssr's to anything.  One of the circuits I came across used the 74HC245.  I would assume that is one I could use from Mouser or Newark.

I would appreciate anything you could throw to me.  I also know these are NOT going to be dimable, but Vixen has the plug in for this circuit.

Thanks Guys

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline OkieJay

Re: Parallel Port Relay or SSR PCB Board (8-12 channel)
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2010, »
This may help.  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

You can get a small project PCB at RS for about $2 and the ULN2003 IC is available from some online outlets for less than a dollar.

I can give you a 12v P/S and a printer cable if that would help.

Hope this helps,
Jay
« Last Edit: February 14, 2010, by OkieJay »

Offline rm357

Re: Parallel Port Relay or SSR PCB Board (8-12 channel)
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2010, »
Be sure to look at what operating system he is using on the computer and make sure the driver he is using for the parallel port supports that operating system. I know Vista overhauled the driver models, which makes it more difficult to program the parallel port directly...
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA