Author Topic: setting up 2010 lights  (Read 884 times)

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
setting up 2010 lights
« on: February 17, 2010, »
My wife and I are starting to layout our blinky display for 2010, we have a ?.

1)  can we use 1 or more channels out of the LE for a on/off to a animated stactic display that has its own inline controller on it.( ie, train,waving santa ect. )

WE have a train animated static display among others , We understand that there is a amp rateing (2amps per channel on LE ) as long as we stay in suggested amps is there any reason this should not be done. We really like( not to mention the $,s invested in) our static displays . I will just seqence on/off as needed through vixen.

Were thinking its ok or are we of base ?

JEFF
Jeff

Offline jap813

• if you believe it, you can achieve it
Re: setting up 2010 lights
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, »
That should be fine as long as you watch the amps you are pulling, just keep in mind that the static displays usually have some twinkle lights or other animation in them that will be reset each time you turn them on or off

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
That should be fine as long as you watch the amps you are pulling, just keep in mind that the static displays usually have some twinkle lights or other animation in them that will be reset each time you turn them on or off
[/quoYes  , was aware of this it shouldn't be a problem animated displays will be on when Blinky is off this way my children and others still get a little treat between shows. Thanks you for the confirmation you DLAers are GREAT

Jeff
Jeff

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: February 17, 2010, »
The Express is 4 amps per channel up to the max of the whole controller which is 20 amp single feed and 40 amps twin feed.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying