Author Topic: Lasers spot lights ect  (Read 688 times)

Offline Kappa2006

Lasers spot lights ect
« on: April 04, 2012, »
Is it possible to control a dmx laser scanner and a spot light with motorized pan and tilt features using our dmx hardware?  Guessing special software would be needed? Or could you use a program like vixen?  For example, a spot light I was looking at showed channel one controlling pan (0-255 for the position), channel 2 controls tilt (0-255), channel 3 for color (0-7 being white). Ect ect.  Im assuming the laser scanner has similar channels.  It seems like you might be able to manipulate it with a program like vixen...I'm thinking by turning the channel on and selecting a certain intensity for certain positions of the spot/laser or for certain colors.  If not, any suggestions on how to incorporating them into my light show that I control using vixen?  Thanks.

Brian
First show, 2011: 48 channels (ssr4's, lynx express, MR16), sequenced with Vixen, using 5000 led and incandescent lights

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Lasers spot lights ect
« Reply #1 on: April 04, 2012, »
Yes, it's been done before ... One reason why DMX is so popular.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Lasers spot lights ect
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2012, »
isn't that kinda what the bobcat servo controller does?
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline meman

« Reply #3 on: April 05, 2012, »
As long as you wire the pin outs correctly, you should get a response from these devices. After that, the trick is to map out the devices functions (0-255) in Vixens terms. Vixen intensities can be set from 0-100%, so setting the intensity to 50% should get you a level around 126  out of 255.

Might want to try the DMX deck off the wiki to do some basic validation of the devices functions through the dongle first, before moving on to Vixen.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Good luck and let us know how it works out!
Mike E.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: April 05, 2012, »
vixen can also do intensities, so 126 out of 255  is 126 out of 255 
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!