Author Topic: Sept 11  (Read 1027 times)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sept 11
« on: September 11, 2012, »
Just wanted to let everyone know that today at work we are dedicating a new 9/11 memorial. It has a 5 side flower box with a “Survivor Tree,” a Callery Pear—the variety of tree that was found alive within all the destruction of the World Trade Center complex. Two square flower boxes with flag poles with uprising lights for night time. The brick work about the whole area is a remembrance ribbon with plaques for the plane what hit the ground in PA. I will try to get pictures of the area later.

My thoughts and prayers goes out to all the people that were lost and to their families along with the brave men and women to loss their lives while helping others escape.

Love and Peace

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
Re: Sept 11
« Reply #1 on: September 11, 2012, »
Never forget!

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: September 11, 2012, »
Sounds beautiful Rick.

Here, here...

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

sjb

« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2012, »
Our thoughts and prayers are always with those whose were lost and with those whose lost.

Very nice Rick

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #4 on: September 11, 2012, »
I wanted to add that 11 years ago one of the most blessed events took place in our household.  My first son, Kurt III (we call him Trey) was born into the world that was in the midst of the chaos of events in NYC, DC, and PA.  Born 9lbs 5oz right after the second tower falling he has been a constant reminder to all those around him that goodness and love comes during some of the most difficult times.  As we mourn together with the nation each 9/11, we also celebrate the life that is in his birth.  He is a testament to the resiliency of our nation and a reminder to all who survived that life will go on and that we will never forget the day of 9/11.

Happy birthday son   
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: September 11, 2012, »
I wanted to add that 11 years ago one of the most blessed events took place in our household.  My first son, Kurt III (we call him Trey) was born into the world that was in the midst of the chaos of events in NYC, DC, and PA.  Born 9lbs 5oz right after the second tower falling he has been a constant reminder to all those around him that goodness and love comes during some of the most difficult times.  As we mourn together with the nation each 9/11, we also celebrate the life that is in his birth.  He is a testament to the resiliency of our nation and a reminder to all who survived that life will go on and that we will never forget the day of 9/11.

Happy birthday son   

That is awesome

A very Happy Birthday to your son

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Sept 11
« Reply #6 on: September 11, 2012, »
A quick picture before the ceremony started

Hopefully it works first time uploading a picture from my phone

Rick R.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Note: On the left side of the picture where the solider is there is a smaller tree in front of him that is the Callery Pear tree.
I guess I should of done the full size picture instead of the medium size. Oh well
« Last Edit: September 11, 2012, by rrowan »

Offline bajadahl

« Reply #7 on: September 11, 2012, »
Kurt -  tell Trey happy birthday from the Dahl's.   

My Uncle, Captain Jason Dahl, was the Captain of Flight 93 that crashed near Shanksville, PA.  My first child was borna little over 3 months later.  Ashlyn weighed in at 9 lbs 11 ounces..... 9-11 - My Mom and Dad were very emotional about that.  They really felt like that was a sign about how life would go one and be ok, but we will remember.

Alan Dahl

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: September 11, 2012, »
Kurt -  tell Trey happy birthday from the Dahl's.   

My Uncle, Captain Jason Dahl, was the Captain of Flight 93 that crashed near Shanksville, PA.  My first child was borna little over 3 months later.  Ashlyn weighed in at 9 lbs 11 ounces..... 9-11 - My Mom and Dad were very emotional about that.  They really felt like that was a sign about how life would go one and be ok, but we will remember.

Alan Dahl

Wow Alan,

That is an incredible story. Your uncle is a hero and most likely save many other lives.
I can totally see why your parents were emotional about your daughter's weight.

Thank you for sharing.

Rick R.

Offline onesmoothhead

• Listen to the Lights New Mexico
« Reply #9 on: September 11, 2012, »
+1

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #10 on: September 11, 2012, »
+1

We will never forget "Let's Roll!" and the heroics of that day over Pennsylvania.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Charleene Glenn

« Reply #11 on: September 11, 2012, »
Tnx. for sharing those amazing stories! Really touched my heart. God Bless <3

West Tawakoni, TX

Offline animal

« Reply #12 on: September 11, 2012, »
 God Bless!!!!!!!!!!

Will never forget Alan. Never!