Author Topic: Newbie Problems?  (Read 6020 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: Newbie Problems?
« Reply #30 on: December 10, 2012, »
Wow guys this is awesome, but I still have an issue. After I imported and copied to LSP (which did work) the effect is verticle not horizontal. Any idea why?

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #31 on: December 10, 2012, »
No clue. Try setting it to h if it is set to v. Or v if is currently h.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #32 on: December 11, 2012, »
I have tried to change the pattern From h to v and down to right and it will now not import correctly into LSP. It will make all cells gray. If I leave it the way you have it the pattern will paste into LSP fine, but the bars are vertical not horizontal. They do look fine in Nutcracker. Anything I am missing here?

Note: I hope you feel better Kurt!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #33 on: December 11, 2012, »
I tried another pattern in the Gallery to copy and it still gives me the error that I have not renamed it.

Class  : spirals
User   : f
Effect : SEAN3_BOTH2
is one, but I have tried several and they all say the same thing.

Offline smeighan

• Nutcracker RGB Sequence Builder
« Reply #34 on: December 11, 2012, »
i tried copying some of my bars,

in gallery select bars
and user name = f

here is a couple run from your account on your megatree, they look fine

but one effect you copied, KURTBARHORIZ1, doesnt look right to me. ill investigate

Sean
Littleton, CO
Latest releases You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
xLights/Nutcracker Forum You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Fbook You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #35 on: December 11, 2012, »
Thanks Sean. First I cannot get it to copy, see attached. Second as I stated it looks fine in Nutcracker web site, but does not come out correct in LSP. I am not sure what that problem could be. Thanks again for the help.

Also I did try and rename it First to "Copy_Sean" then I just copied your name for it and pasted into the new name. There were no spaces before.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2012, by rdebolt »

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #36 on: December 11, 2012, »
Are you putting the name into the little box under the words "use effect".  The names at the top of the screen are only for finding effects by user.  Some of the screens are not real clear on how to use them today.  That is because of the newness of the program and the lack of time to fix all the little things.  If I had more time myself I would volunteer to try to create some beginners docs, but that will come in time.  I am amazed at everything that Sean has accomplished and at all the other things on his plate along with having a full time job.  I don't know how I ever got anything done before I retired and I still have problems finishing my projects even being retired.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #37 on: December 11, 2012, »
As I stated prior,  I am working to fix this, but know the issue is not exactly straight forward.

The problem comes when someone uses the same effect (with the same name) against multiple models (targets).  When this happens, the system creates thumbnails for each model/effect pair.  Gallery comes along and tries to figure out which thumbnail to show (when it has multiple to choose from).  This creates something called a cartesian product in SQL and literally creates information from inferences (relations) that are not necessarily true.  The true issue is that the thumbnails are not a product of just effects (and effects alone).  The application of an effect to a model is what creates the thumbnail.   

Back to gallery.  Gallery is intended to be a listing of potential effects that can be applied to your models, showing you a thumbnail from someone else's model/effect pair.  The problem is that you do not necessarily have the same model as the person who generated theirs and when you select an effect for copy and copy it (so we cannot automatically generate a target/effect pair for you), it ONLY copies the effects to your effect data, BUT does not apply a target to it (since you haven't been asked to associate the copied effect to a target yet).  To realize the full effect of the copy, you will have to go to the effects page (selecting a target as you enter) and then selecting the copied effect and hitting submit (which in essence pairs the model and target together).

I am rewriting the code for gallery now.  I will be removing the calls to a table that we generated and calling information DIRECTLY from effects table.  One of the new database calls has a  left join on text that is making it very very slow though.  My current issue is determining which thumbnail to show you when I have an effect if there are multiple targets available (meaning the user has applied the effect to multiple targets).  This choice is critical to both what image is shown and what information is copied.

Kurt
------

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #38 on: December 11, 2012, »
I just posted changes to github.  The new gallery will fix the problem with non-copies (at least it worked with the limited testing I have done.)  However, the counts are now skewed as the code removes duplicate effect name/ target name pairs.  For example, if you selected 10 records, it will find 10 records in the database, and if 3 are dups it will only show 7 items on the screen (which is not exactly as one would expect since you selected 10 records to show!)

Kurt
------

Offline smeighan

« Reply #39 on: December 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I just posted changes to github.  The new gallery will fix the problem with non-copies (at least it worked with the limited testing I have done.)  However, the counts are now skewed as the code removes duplicate effect name/ target name pairs.  For example, if you selected 10 records, it will find 10 records in the database, and if 3 are dups it will only show 7 items on the screen (which is not exactly as one would expect since you selected 10 records to show!)

Kurt

I just released gallery_page.php to meighan.net
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #40 on: December 11, 2012, »
Sorry to be such a PITA, but now I keep getting an internal error on one of the Effects that I am trying to create. I am actaully trying to recreate the spiral of Sean's that I could not get to copy. I had it where I thought that it was close, but after my last adjustments I cannot get it back. Also I cannot see any projects in the gallery at all.

Offline smeighan

« Reply #41 on: December 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Sorry to be such a PITA, but now I keep getting an internal error on one of the Effects that I am trying to create. I am actaully trying to recreate the spiral of Sean's that I could not get to copy. I had it where I thought that it was close, but after my last adjustments I cannot get it back. Also I cannot see any projects in the gallery at all.

Try the gallery again. I tried updating the gallery,  The program that reads all the effects and updates the gallery ran out of memory. It died this after deleting the gallery table.,I restored the table. so gallery should be back and ok

can you, provide

username
target
effect name

and have the info on meighan.net and then i can see if i can duplicate it.

thanks
Sean
Littleton, CO

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #42 on: December 11, 2012, »
rdebolt
megatree
2spiral

Thanks Sean! Sorry for all of the trouble!  :-[

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
« Reply #43 on: December 12, 2012, »
rdebolt,

Never trouble.  This is actually how we troubleshoot most of the stuff since we do not have dedicated staff to test thoroughly.  (It is basically Sean and myself troubleshooting).

Kurt
------

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #44 on: December 12, 2012, »
Thanks Kurt. Last night I was also working on some arches and made an effect that I liked the look of, it showed the effect fine, but would give me an error when I would try to export to xml for LSP. When I would go back into effects it was gone. Any thoughts?

Never mind: I just resent it and it went through fine. Last night was the definition of insanity "doing the same thing over and over again expecting different results". I tried at least 6 times last night, this morning no problem!

Is there a way to save all of my effects into one xml Userpatterns file? It is really a pain opening and closing LSP and recopying effects.

Also Can one of you look at my Megatree target and make sure that it looks ok please. I am not getting what I excpect in LSP tranfers.

Thanks Again!
Roger
« Last Edit: December 12, 2012, by rdebolt »