Author Topic: Looking for incandescent mini's 100ct in the Pacific Northwest  (Read 758 times)

Offline UncleBuck

I'm looking for incandescent mini's 100ct in white, red and green. Hopefully in the Pacific Northwest so shipping doesn't kill me or I can pick them up.

Offline arw01

I'll keep looking around when I go into clearance sections, but pretty much cleaned out over here on the east side now

Offline tbone321

With LED strings getting better and lower cost, the lifespan on the mini icans is comming to an end.  It wil be nice when I can change my current draw from around 100A to 20A. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline UncleBuck

I just like the look of the old incandescents. I tried LED's on my mega tree this year and had several strands fail and battled with them staying lit or half lit and dim. If you are converting to RGB or LED and you don't have room to store the old incandescents send them my way.  :)

Offline tbone321

I am converting to both but it may be another year or two before I complete that but my Icans are OLLLLD and are better off in the trash.  Some of the bulbs are almost clear again with the paint coming off from age.  I still have a few 100 five way flash with the daisy surrounds that have to be at least 40 years old and they are the ones where if one goes out, they all go out.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline loveroflife96

• Coop Manager
  • Brandon Christmas 2010
    • My Christmas Display Website
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am converting to both but it may be another year or two before I complete that but my Icans are OLLLLD and are better off in the trash.  Some of the bulbs are almost clear again with the paint coming off from age.  I still have a few 100 five way flash with the daisy surrounds that have to be at least 40 years old and they are the ones where if one goes out, they all go out.

I love those daisy lights.  It's what I remember growing up.  I still have some and every other year, I put up the original Christmas tree that my parents bought when I was born with those same lights.  It's amazing the amount of time that I take to fix those strands of lights compared to the amount of regular lights I throw away every year just because they don't work.  Just can't let go of those vintage looking lights and tree...but, outside is a whole other story, all about the simplicity of the RGB both for set up and sequencing :-)