Author Topic: Is there a way to fallback to all lights on?  (Read 889 times)

Offline joatman66

Is there a way to fallback to all lights on?
« on: December 15, 2011, »
I'm scrambling to get some sequencing done for my parents house.  I just jumped into this a few months ago ( I like a challenge) and between the frequent rains and my lack of skills sequencing, I'm just not ready yet.

All lights are finally up and LEs and SSRs are all connected.  Now we are waiting on me....

In the interim, as a fall back, is there an easy way to just turn everything on and leave it on so they will at least have lights?

My parents aren't really capable of going out and putting everything in test mode each evening, and I'm 20 miles away.

I'm using LSP 2.0 for sequencing.  I thought I might be able to create a short sequence of all ON and loop it.  Is that viable?

Thanks all!
Aaron

Offline memphislights

Re: Is there a way to fallback to all lights on?
« Reply #1 on: December 15, 2011, »
You can just setup a sequence where everything is set to on and have it on a scheduled loop.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: December 15, 2011, »
I don't use LSP but I think you can just group all of the channels into one and then click on effects ON then set your length by dragging the start and end points.

Just my guess

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, »
Unsupported, but you could reverse the data lines, which would set everything on, instead of off. 
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline joatman66

« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, »
Unsupported, but you could reverse the data lines, which would set everything on, instead of off.

Very sneaky...  I can make a x-over easily.  I'm wireless, but I assume that as long as the dongle output is crossed wireless should send out the reversed data?

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, »
i found this out the hard way..

when i bought my smart strings, the coop didn't finish yet for the smart strong hub, and controllers, so i purchased a dmx device from ray to test my smart strings. it used the 3pin xlr type adapter for dmx in/out.  while i was making my adapter cable from rj45 to xlr, i didn't take in consideration about the male female xlr plugs being backwards.  when i turned everything on, everything was white, and the sequence made everything darken. when i saw a sequence that was ramping up making the lights darken, then i realized my data lines were backwards.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline memphislights

« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, »
Does LSP have a test mode like Vixen.  You could select all channels, and then turn them all on or maybe 50% intensity to keep the power draw a little lower.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, »
If you are only using dmx then try start pattern you just go to the second screen and you can do a set percentage, pick a percentage you like or alternate between the odd and even channels

Its in the wiki and no need for any sequencing

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)

Offline joatman66

« Reply #8 on: December 15, 2011, »
If you are only using dmx then try start pattern you just go to the second screen and you can do a set percentage, pick a percentage you like or alternate between the odd and even channels

Its in the wiki and no need for any sequencing

Rick R.

OK need a bit of hand holding...  I'm looking through Wiki and don't see anything about a start pattern...  Can you point me to it?

Offline KeithTarpley

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: December 15, 2011, »
Greetings,,,

Check the wiki under software, Lynx Software.

Keith
"Now I know the only foe is time." -Moody Blues

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #10 on: December 15, 2011, »
sorry about that

Rick R.

Offline joatman66

« Reply #11 on: December 15, 2011, »
That was exactly what I needed!

Thanks!

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: December 15, 2011, »
When I am behind at the beginning of the season (usually every season) I have a simple little vixen sequence called color change.  It is 2 minutes long and changes the color or something every 20 seconds.  I still have it in my show mix even now that I am running a show because I am using it to test out different patterns and colors for my smart strings.  It also demonstrates what can be done with the smart strings even though I still do not have much more that single color strings used in my sequences for now.  Her it is the 15th and I am still tweaking sequences to try to take advantage of new functionality.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA