Author Topic: Show Almost Running...  (Read 778 times)

Offline inzeos

Show Almost Running...
« on: December 14, 2011, »
Seems like this year I'm plagued with various issues.

Finally got the new breakers and circuits installed for 2 new 20A GFCI protected circuits with 4 TR/WR outlets in a double ganged while in use outdoor enclosure for each circuit, total of 8 outlets.  Let me just suggest if you plan on doing circuits don't try and do double ganged as the products out there really suck in regards to covers and outlet boxes matching up.

One of our computers that I had been doing sequencing on took a crap yesterday.  Finally think the MB or CPU kicked it, cheap piece of junk Tiger Direct kit I got a while ago for my wife.

Was able to get a ThinkPad T41 up and running with Ubuntu.  Upgraded various things since it was about 6 months ago that I built it.  Got the packages needed to compile xLights and sucked down the latest svn tarball for xLights.  Got things compiled last night.

Wired up one of my Lynx Express units that is designated as a test unit / prop builder.  Everything looks good!  Now to get the hardware outside and connected up. 

Oh well hopefully I'll have at least one full week of shows running prior to xmas and I usually run the lights into January.

Leif

Offline NavyGator

• Coop Manager
Re: Show Almost Running...
« Reply #1 on: December 14, 2011, »
Sorry to hear about the delays and trouble. It sounds like you are almost there!!! Stick to it.

Rich

Offline inzeos

« Reply #2 on: December 14, 2011, »
Got the mega tree 66% functional tonight.  Two of three controllers are out there and running the white and red channels.  Need to finish tinning the leads for the last 16 channels, which will be controlling the green.  Once that is done I suppose I need to get the ladder out and attach the extension cord to the two strands of the star.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #3 on: December 15, 2011, »
Wish you all the luck.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #4 on: December 15, 2011, »
wet weather + ladder + electricity = BE CAREFUL
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline inzeos

« Reply #5 on: December 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
wet weather + ladder + electricity = BE CAREFUL

Yeah waiting for it to stop. Working on cable harnesses in doors.

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #6 on: December 15, 2011, »
Inzeos,

if there is anything we can do to help, just say the word.  We are all praying that you get this done for your own sanity sake!

Kurt
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline inzeos

« Reply #7 on: December 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Inzeos,

if there is anything we can do to help, just say the word.  We are all praying that you get this done for your own sanity sake!

Kurt

Thanks Kurt.

I'm still very much in the start up mode.  This is our 2nd year officially with an animated show.  Each year we have been busy adding stuff from the prior year.  However, it gets challenging with my son now being 14 months this year.  Last year was a bit easier since my wife could do more with him around since he would be content in a crib or an infant seat.  Not this year though!

Tonight I finished up the wiring harness for the 3rd express, which is used in our 48 channel RGB (non-smart string) megatree. 

Tomorrow I will tackle time and weather permitting the wiring harness to animate the candy canes, which are currently daisy chained statically and I'll run that missing extension cord up to the tree's star.

49 channels for the tree.  Anyone know where I can find dimmable kits for a 1 channel dmx box? *grin*