Author Topic: Empty C9 Sockets  (Read 2256 times)

Offline shaunkad

Re: Empty C9 Sockets
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2011, »
there is a store maybe 2hrs east of you not sure they have any instock give me a few I will get you a name

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2011, »
I also use an old string for C9 bulbs, but removed all the bulbs and put strobes in randomly wherever I think I need them.  I have not removed any old sockets and have used this string for 4 years.  For halloween, but the string is hanging underneath my porch roof, but for Christmas I hang the middle of the string at the top of the tree and just drape it down two side of the tree.  Works fine.  i never make work when I do not need to.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
there is a store maybe 2hrs east of you not sure they have any instock give me a few I will get you a name
that would be great.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline inzeos

« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I would remove the sockets as someone else had said which would look much neater or you could tape over the empty sockets.  If you want to use the bulb method you could either put a piece of electrical tape over the terminal of the bulb and screw it in that way (no connection) or you could let the bulb burn for a few minutes and give it a few smacks.  That would break the filiment and burn the bulb out but to me that would be wasting the bulb and money.

I was trying to avoid removing the sockets since it gives me less flexibility each year in positioning the the strobes.  Granted these C9 strings cost me all of a buck or two on sale at Walmart last year...  I will try the tip about tapping the c9 bulbs to avoid the contact.