Hardware > Lynx EtherDongle

Yet another HELP me with Etherdongle thread.

<< < (2/5) > >>

KevinHolme:
In the past I have had it both on a dedicated Nic and as part of the house network, Both worked then, both don't work now.  In the last couple weeks I have tried every possible combination of pathways.

taybrynn:
You might want to go into a command prompt window, and type "route print" and see if it shows any persistant routes.

This will dramatically improve performance by making sure the E1.31 traffic goes out your dedicated NIC card and not through the other one.

It could be going to the wrong NIC card by default.

if you know the IP address of both NIC card, post here.   Are you using dynamic or static IP for the dedicated NIC card?

Ideally you would set to to static and give us some IP address thats a bit different from the home IP, which might be dynamic.

THen use the route command to direct all E1.31 traffic to that dedicate NIC card.

Again, if you did this on an old machine (ever) ... it wouldn't be working now, even though everything seems the same to you.

tbone321:
I would lose the WIN10 machine.  I bet that it is blocking multicast output.  What version of it do you have? 

KevinHolme:
Ok so here is the latest.

I made one of my computers dual boot with win 7 Ultimate. and win 10.

It makes no difference.

I decided that because the MagJack lights do respond to the program running, I should re flash the etherdongle.  Now I cant find a single computer that will open the Ver1 of the stand alone pickit 3 programmer.   If I reboot the computer it will open once, but cannot connect to the etherdongle.  (Time out error)

The version 3 of the Programmer from 2012 opens, can see the Pickit, but the device list stops in the MX400 range, it says it cant do the 795 chip.

I am ready to hang a string of lights on the garage and get drunk for a month.

And I don't drink.

tbone321:
That standalone programmer is a piece of crap.  Forget about that and download the newest from Microchip.  What you are looking for is MPLAB IPE not MPLB IDE but I believe that they come together.  Just make sure that after they install you use the IPE version.  This is the programmer version and will allow you to reflash the ETD. 

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version