Author Topic: At my wits end!  (Read 1150 times)

Offline njKeever

At my wits end!
« on: November 11, 2011, »
I have a 128 node strand hooked up to a SSC flashed with the test firmware. It is hooked up to a SS hub that is powered up as indicated by the power LED. Shouldn't the lights be doing something? I have checked every connection with an ohm meter between the cat5 end unplugged from the hub, and the solder spots on the SSC. I've tried checking the power on the SSC but am not getting anything. It should be 12v AC, right? My payment is released from escrow tomorrow so I really want to make sure these things work. Any help would be much appreciated!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
Re: At my wits end!
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2011, »
the SS uses DC not AC

So you should see 12dc or slightly less
Make sure you are connecting the correct side of the nodes to the SSC (the wires connected to the Node with the big chip on it is the input side)

If you blew the fuse (green thingy) next to the 16 rj-45 jacks. then you won't see any voltage at the SSC

Rick R.

Also make sure the other end of wires are not touching each other and causing a short. Cut/tape the ends
« Last Edit: November 11, 2011, by rrowan »
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline njKeever

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, »
Thank you! I was hooked up the wrong way. In all my searching and scouring the wiki I don't remember seeing anything about that, but I probably just looked it over. Such a sigh of relief!

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, »
Glad it was an easy fix

The Smart String Node chart has a new column in it for the input side of each type of light. Which is now at the top of the Equipment page

Cheers

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, »
Thank you! I was hooked up the wrong way. In all my searching and scouring the wiki I don't remember seeing anything about that, but I probably just looked it over. Such a sigh of relief!

So you are up and running?  Let me know if you still need to come over Saturday (tomorrow).

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline deplanche

« Reply #5 on: November 11, 2011, »
Have you seen my post (You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login) on the rigid strips.  I am not sure the wiki is correct for those.