Author Topic: Aversion to green?  (Read 2076 times)

Offline urthegman

Aversion to green?
« on: November 18, 2011, »
Hello All, I have tried every solution that I know of at this point and am at my wits end. I am using LSP and a V2 dongle on 8 flexible strips on the columns next to my door. My problem is that when the strings are supposed to be green, they are red and when they are supposed to be red, they are blue, white comes out as one blue and one light green pixel. I have tried moving the jumper to every different pixelnet universe on the hub (this had worked when I had the problem a couple of months ago). I tried a new hub to no avail as well. I have also tried every RGB combination in LSP (it let's you run them as RGB, GRB, BGR, BRG, or RRR,GGG,BBB) and none of them produced green! Out of desperation this morning I switched the red and green wire thinking that might do the trick, but the strip I tried it on had no output with the wires swapped. Any ideas? Thanks, George

Offline smartcontrols

• Coop Manager
Re: Aversion to green?
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2011, »
Try to re run the SSC utility, where you set the start channel, and be sure to check the box that says they are flex strips and not strings.

-Jeff

Offline urthegman

« Reply #2 on: November 18, 2011, »
I will try that again, I tried it on one strip yesterday, because I thought that maybe I was having the problem because I flashed them as backwards so I could have the controller on the ground and start them from below the roof line, but the strip was the same color, just moving in the opposite direction.

Offline keitha43

« Reply #3 on: November 18, 2011, »
This may be a dumb question but does the correct leds light in the hardware tester?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2011, by keitha43 »

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #4 on: November 18, 2011, »
Using the SmartString utility, make sure you set flex strips or the colors will be wrong.  Try using the SS Color Picker utility to verify. What channel number are you starting with? If you are using PixelNet Dongle without the combiner, PixelNet Jumpers should always be set to 1 + 1.  RJ made a fix to the SS utility and maybe you are using an older version. 

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline keitha43

« Reply #5 on: November 18, 2011, »
Using the SmartString utility, make sure you set flex strips or the colors will be wrong.  Try using the SS Color Picker utility to verify. What channel number are you starting with? If you are using PixelNet Dongle without the combiner, PixelNet Jumpers should always be set to 1 + 1.  RJ made a fix to the SS utility and maybe you are using an older version. 

Actually I have my DMX jumper set to 8 to start my DMX channels at 3585. So my Smartstring channels start at 1.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2011, »
Add to my list of solutions attempted forwarding starting channel by one and two channels and also backwards by one and two channels to no avail. Keith, not a dumb question at all, Let me go downstairs and check.

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2011, »
Have you tried using the SS Utility listed in this thread to set the channel numbers?

Offline urthegman

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2011, »
Hey Mick, I used it yesterday because I thought maybe because I had them set for backwards that was causing the problem, when I set it for forwards, the colors were still wrong. What's frustrating is that at one point all was right!  <md..

Offline Mickpat

• Beta Tester
« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2011, »
And what does the color picker utility show?  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2011, »
Check the end of the string for a short circuit.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #11 on: November 20, 2011, »
When I try to use the color picker utility my strings come out with the wrong color per the utility, but work as expected with the test hex and with the vixen test channels and the xlights tester and LSP test channels.  Go figure.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #12 on: November 20, 2011, »
I have a question:

When everyone is using the SS Utility. Are you setting the proper device?

It defaults to String but if you are not using a string then the colors will be wrong.

The reason RJ added the Device Type is so the lights will get the proper color. Its the reason why Color Finder does not ask you what you are using. (String, Flex, Rigid, Square or Rectangle)

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #13 on: November 20, 2011, »
I only have strings and I take the default.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline urthegman

« Reply #14 on: November 22, 2011, »
I always make sure I pick the right device, It's part of the OCD creed! LOL