Author Topic: Anybody use SS on arches this year?  (Read 2489 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Re: Anybody use SS on arches this year?
« Reply #15 on: December 30, 2011, »
Those do look good!  Nice.

Did you run them all in string mode?
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline sielbear

Anybody use SS on arches this year?
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2011, »
I did initially. Since using xLights, I've gone back to node control. They look really great, but I've not had the energy to record the show again.

Taking pics now...

Offline sielbear

« Reply #17 on: December 31, 2011, »
Here are some pics...

The first is just a picture of the arch in the daytime. 

The second is a photo of how I secured the vent clips.  Basically I purchased some 1 inch metal rings, used Zip ties to attach the rings to the rebar running under EMT conduit.  I then used a couple zip ties around the dryer vent and attached a ring clip to the dryer vent.  Lastly, I clipped the ring clips to the 1" metal rings under the rebar.  This let me secure the dryer vent, easily disconnect / store, and put everything up next year pretty fast.  I might even leave the smart strings attached to the PVC - not sure though...  As tightly as they are wrapped, I worry just flexing the PVC to a straight shape might take out a few nodes...

Lastly, I took a photo to show how much space is between the EMT and the dryer vent.  You can't see it, but the entire SSC is stored above the zip tie / ring clip inside the dryer vent.  I've got some super dry, super happy SSCs.  Also keeps moisture out of the cat5 pigtails...

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
« Reply #18 on: December 31, 2011, »
Thanks ... thats very slick.    <res.
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login