Author Topic: next Coop  (Read 2118 times)

Offline rimist

Re: next Coop
« Reply #15 on: November 14, 2011, »
The incandescents do have a low start up cost, but require much more power, which can run you into extra circuits and a power bill bigger than a car payment. I'm sure others have me beat, but let me tell you, the first time i got a nearly 900 electric bill right after Christmas, it didn't go well.

- Rimist
- Rimist

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #16 on: November 14, 2011, »
Rimist, what does your electric bill run normally?  Last year my show was about 25K lights and almost all incads.  I had 144 channels and my bill went up almost $100 more then usual.  I did the show from Thanksgiving weekend to Jan 1st.  Dark to 10pm and later on fri and sat nights.

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rimist

« Reply #17 on: November 14, 2011, »
The year it was high i had a ton of incandescents, several hundred of the old style huge bulbs, and multiple air blown displays. I kept the lights on more though, because they did double duty as plant warmers. At the time my Typical winter Bill was around 300

- Rimist

Sent from my HTC Glacier using Tapatalk
- Rimist

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #18 on: November 14, 2011, »
I do not know what I would have done if my bill was that high.  My wife would have shot me probably.  I am total electric and I am on the average plan.  I don't like surprises! 

My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tbone321

« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2011, »
That's not all that bad.  I usually average about $150 increase in the Christmas electric bill.  I am all icans currently along with blow molds, animated wire frames and airblowns.  I hope that next year I can begin the transition to LED but i know that it will be a few years before I can complete the tranition to full LED.  In time I also hope to convert the wire frames to LED as well. 
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline devoidelk

• North western Indiana, 47960
    • Facebook
« Reply #20 on: November 15, 2011, »
I'm starting straight with leds and waiting till after christmas while there all on sale.... cha ching clearance rules