Hardware > Lynx Aether

Communication Issue

(1/5) > >>

LasVegasF250:
I built 4 Aethers II from the last coop. Programmed PIC with test firmware and it goes through the cycle just fine. Re flashed PIC with the normally operating firmware and nothing, there is no communication. Pulled the RS-485 chip tested with a new one from the coop still no go, tried the other chips same problem. So I pull the RS-485 from a Aether II from a earlier coop and everything work as it should.

I thought maybe I some how fried the RS-485 Chips or I ordered more from mouser #SN75176AP installed one of them same issue.

Any thoughts as to go next?

rrowan:
My guess would be a cold solder joint(s). Since you said it worked one time with an older re-485 chip.
Reflow the solder joints.

Rick R.

LasVegasF250:
You are not allowed to view links. Register or LoginMy guess would be a cold solder joint(s). Since you said it worked one time with an older re-485 chip.
Reflow the solder joints.

Rick R.

--- End quote ---

All four are doing the same thing. They will work fine with the older RS-485 (ST485RN) all the time not just once. It's a weird one.

tbone321:
It appears that the replacement RS-485 may not be as compatible as once thought. 

LasVegasF250:
Has anyone built a Aether from the last coop and if so are you see the same issue?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version