Author Topic: "Off Season" Shows  (Read 1285 times)

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
"Off Season" Shows
« on: March 01, 2013, »
I was just wondering what holidays you do that aren't the big 3 (Christmas, Halloween, July 4th).  I know some do Valentine's.  And I remember seeing a cool Easter basket project last year.  Anyone do St. Patrick's day?  What songs do you use?  What show elements do you use (mega tree, arches, etc). Just curious what's going on at other houses.
Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
Re: "Off Season" Shows
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2013, »
Just Christmas for me. No one would see it where I live except my neighbors. I used to do Halloween, but too much work for no one to appreciate it.

Offline JonB256

• My website
« Reply #2 on: March 02, 2013, »
If Ray Wu would get my shipment here SOON, I might get my Matrix built in time to do some Easter bunny and Easter egg graphics.
It will be great for July 4th. If it isn't ready by then, something bad has happened.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #3 on: March 02, 2013, »
I've done Halloween most years, but in truth no cares. The trick or treaters just rush to the next house on the street.  The big benefit for me is to get a lot of stuff tested out like my transmitter and show computer.  Plus now that I am using Smart strings, things like my window frames and gutter lights along with associated controllers can be put up and tested as well.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Nonamefril

• No really,I have no idea what Im doing
« Reply #4 on: March 02, 2013, »
Id like to do some other holidays....4th of July and St Patrick's day since I live in Dublin Georgia...Big party all month long here......I know 4th of July would be alot of military themed songs.....but St. Patrick's day....Flogging Molly?....lol Maybe easter Id do,but I dunno what songs to even do there.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: March 02, 2013, »
This year a few friends  and I will be doing a new Holiday. "The Festival of Academy" And the coolest thing is "were putting all the shows together in one place!"  Dozens of shows ... One auditorium!  I can't wait!

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2013, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
This year a few friends  and I will be doing a new Holiday. "The Festival of Academy" And the coolest thing is "were putting all the shows together in one place!"  Dozens of shows ... One auditorium!  I can't wait!

RJ

Well at least you will get to do one show this year for sure.  Its nice to see you back and active on the boards.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline mms

• Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates.
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2013, »

If Ray Wu would get my shipment here SOON, I might get my Matrix built in time to do some Easter bunny and Easter egg graphics.
It will be great for July 4th. If it isn't ready by then, something bad has happened.

What songs do you use for Easter?  I can only think of a few appropriate non-secular songs.

Last 4th of July we tested my arch software and mini smart tree with nutcracker effects.  I was able to mix Kate Smith's God Bless America, Ray Charles America the Beautiful, and Lee Greenwood.  Since our fireworks were cancelled due to the fire danger, the light show tests were all we had!

I use Halloween for initial setup and testing.  The little(r) kids across the street really like my Xfiles sequence.

I'm intrigued with RJ's all shows in an auditorium.  Wish I could be there!

Steve

Like us on Facebook for special content and year-round updates: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Voice-over Inquiries:  You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2013, »
I'm intrigued with RJ's all shows in an auditorium.  Wish I could be there!

You can be!  just takes the want to be bad enough. I think it is going to be much better this year with the stuff going on.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #9 on: March 04, 2013, »
I left up my flexstrips on the outline of my house and plan on using them for the major holidays. For Valentines day I lit the house with a static red, white, pink color theme. For St Patricks I have an idea for mostly green with the 1 upstairs window dormer outlined in gold and a rainbow effect on the outline of my second floor that ends in the dormer over my window up there. 4th of July I already made a red, white and blue outline, with the blue and white over the left over my kitchen roofline, and the red and white over the rest. Haven't decided what to do for Easter, but will probably just pick a rainbow of pastels.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL