Author Topic: BAH HUMBUG to Walgreens  (Read 1085 times)

Offline memphislights

BAH HUMBUG to Walgreens
« on: December 25, 2010, »
They are not going to mark down any Christmas lights this year.  Walked into one this morning, and they were already boxed up.  They are getting shipped back to the warehouse and stored until next year.
It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline meman

Re: BAH HUMBUG to Walgreens
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2010, »
Unless you asked the manager, thats not correct ..at least in the Tampa area for FL. They have moved the lights to other areas of the store...the back isles over the meds, etc.

I have been stalking them for weeks waiting, knowing that they are one of the few retailers with any stock of LEDs left on the shelves.

Incandescent are BOGO free, LED are BOGO 1/2 off.
Only stores that are open 24 hours have them marked in store, but the prices have been downloaded to the registers at all stores already, so the deal can be had at any of them. I just got back in from buying all the green I could afford (since it was real scarce this year) at $7.50 a box of 50 C6.

Go get em...
Mike E.

Offline fertsy

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2010, »
I suppose that each store is different. The one near me has not boxed them up but they are also not on sale yet either in advertisement or scanned. They said that they would be on sale Sunday the 26th. The only thing mine has that I like are some icicle LEDs. Has anyone tried their cascading icicles? How do they work dimmed?

Offline memphislights

« Reply #3 on: December 26, 2010, »
My friend talked to the manager of a store in Memphis near him, and I checked a different store near me as well.  I guess as always YMMV.

It's not about more, it's about enough.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #4 on: December 26, 2010, »
Ours had 50% off on the sign when I drove by today.

Offline meman

« Reply #5 on: December 27, 2010, »
I bought a lot more today, but you are correct; many stores are pulling them off the shelf and boxing them up for next year. According to one manager, some wizard at corp figured the price of copper will continue to climb and drive up the cost of lights next year. So they are willing to store them for a year in hopes of making a killing on existing stock next season. We'll see.