Author Topic: BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!  (Read 972 times)

Offline urthegman

BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!
« on: July 11, 2012, »
Just a friendly reminder, with the low cost of portable drives out there, do yourself a favor and back up all of the sequences you worked so hard on and all of your important files. If I can save one of you the trouble of losing something important, I will feel like I accomplished something.

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
Re: BACK UP, BACK UP, BACK UP!!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, »
good advice!! :)  <fp.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, »
I use dropbox, and if I mess up a seq and save it, I can retrieve a copy of the last 10 saves/versions of that file...  Has saved my butt more than once....

Myk

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I use dropbox, and if I mess up a seq and save it, I can retrieve a copy of the last 10 saves/versions of that file...  Has saved my butt more than once....

Myk
Myk, is there a limit to how much you can store on dropbox?

Offline mykroft

• Restrictive
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, »
You get a certain amount free with signup - i forgot how much but their web site will tell you.  they have free ways to add more - facebook, twitter, referals (500mb per referal signup) and couple others that i forget.  I currently have 6.2bg of space - you can also purchase space as well.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login - give it a look - there is also microsoft skydrive as well, but I stuck with dropbox, as all my computers and cell phone are linked together.

Free acct starts at 2gb and can go up to 18gb, you can go up to 500gb via paid plans as well - they start at 9.99 a month.

Myk
« Last Edit: July 11, 2012, by mykroft »

Offline kgustafson

• Coop Manager
    • Lost Weekend Productions
« Reply #5 on: July 11, 2012, »
If you are a Macintoy user, use the Time Vault.  Worth the cost of a $100 USB drive.
------
Visit at: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
« Reply #6 on: July 11, 2012, »
I save my whole DLA directory on dropbox. Saves moving my files from computer to computer to computer.
Leesburg, FL

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #7 on: July 11, 2012, »
I use 2 16G usb sticks, working, and finished. the working is just used to keep old versions, and the finished is for show use and tweaks. Both are mirrored on personal remote starage drive at work.
Have Fun!