Author Topic: WTB Lynx Dongle PCB or Kit (solved)  (Read 2474 times)

Offline skrantzman

WTB Lynx Dongle PCB or Kit (solved)
« on: October 25, 2012, »
Hi to All,

I just signed up on the forum yesterday, and obviously I am a little late in getting started this year, as the wife had me remodeling the kitchen all summer. The DLA store appears to be out of stock on most of the PCBs that I would like to start with. I also understand that I can't build too much until the coops start back up, but I would like to start playing around with vixen and a simple smart pixel string.  That way when the coops start back up, I will have some experience behind me and a better idea of what I would need to purchase.

I am looking for a Lynx Dongle PCB or Kit.  I really want to try my hand at putting a board together from scratch, as the last time I soldered anything of substance was back in high school.  I realize I will need a few other items to get started such as a power supply, dmx decoder for the appropriate protocol, and a led pixel light strip or string.  Just thought I would start with the first item that connects to the computer and work my way out. to the lights.

Also any comments, suggestions or thread pointers on getting started with my first strand would be appreciated.

Steve
« Last Edit: October 27, 2012, by skrantzman »
"Problems are just solutions waiting to be found"

Offline abrianbaker

Re: WTB Lynx Dongle PCB or Kit
« Reply #1 on: October 25, 2012, »
PM Sent
This is my fourth year!!!
Smart String Mega Tree
6000 Pixel Net Channels
256 LE Channels
140,000 Lights
Controlled by Vixen 3.1, Xlights Nutcracker
"You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login"

Offline skrantzman

« Reply #2 on: October 25, 2012, »
Brian's offer was generous, but it was for a built unit.  I really would like either the pcb or kit as i want to try building for myself.  Still looking for now.

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #3 on: October 25, 2012, »
I think I have a PCB.  Let me check when I get home.

-Keith

Offline lineman

• Coop Manager
« Reply #4 on: October 25, 2012, »
If kieth is unable to help send me a pm , I have the pcb and case and I believe the parts just let me know
Jeff

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #5 on: October 25, 2012, »
I have two working USB dongles, you can borrow one if you'd like?

I also have a 16 Port active hub PC  (no parts) and Smart String Controllers (version 2, no parts), to get you going. Drop by my place tonight if you want.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2012, by peteandvanessa »

Offline skrantzman

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2012, »
Keith,  Thanks I will wait until I hear from you.

Jeff, thanks for the backup offer. I think I may take you up on that one as well. Probably wouldn't hurt to have a backup or one for DMX and one for PixelNet.

Pete, Thanks for the offer, I'll pm you later and let you know when I can come by.

Steve

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #7 on: October 25, 2012, »
I have a V1 dongle PCB & a V1 dongle case...the machined one from the coop.  No parts for the dongle, just the PCB.  I figure $12 should cover parts and shipping in the US.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline skrantzman

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2012, »
Keith,

What is the differencer between V1 and 2.  Has the parts list changed and if so still available?  Is the assmebly manual for V1 still available?

Steve

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2012, »
I believe it is two LED's more.  I think the V2 also has a test function that has not been enabled.  Looks like the previous manual is still available.  Check Here:

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

for more info.  I also have a v2 dongle board as well.  You could still use it with the case, you would just need to drill two holes for the LED's or just leave them inside the case.

-Keith

Offline skrantzman

« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2012, »
Keith,

OK, I will take the V2 board and the case.  If the price is different, let me know.  Send me your paypal info, and I will deposit the funds.

Steve

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2012, »
Steve,
PM sent.

-Keith

Offline skrantzman

« Reply #12 on: October 27, 2012, »
Thanks to:

*Keith for the board and case
*Jeff for the board and case
*Peter for loaning me pcbs for a 16 port active hub and a ssc to get me started until either a coop starts up or they are restocked in the store.

Now I should have enough to at least get started trying my hand at putting boards together and getting everything to work together and communicate with software.

Steve