Author Topic: They Work!!! Thanks to all who helped  (Read 525 times)

Offline scharbon

They Work!!! Thanks to all who helped
« on: August 23, 2013, »
Thanks to everyone who helped me get through the build of my EtD, Active Hub, and SSCs.  I was able to get everything but 1 of my 8 SSC's working (and I only blew 7 fuses to do it  ::)) 7 SSC's is plenty as this year I only plan on using 5 (leaves me two spares). 

On the bad one, I checked the connections, confirmed component placement, swapped PICs with good SSCs, checked resistors, and reattached my pigtail, but still couldn't get it to work.  I suspect it is still the pigtail or maybe I inadvertently fried a transformer, but I no longer have time to work out the kinks on that piece.  That will have to wait until after Christmas.

I need to build two jump holes (next two weekends) and sequence my songs.  Looks like a busy next three months, but I think I can make it.

Once again, I appreciate everyone's help in getting to this point.  I can't wait to see how my show looks with RGB arches.  Who knows, I may have to have a mini Christmas in August to test the arches in the yard.  I wouldn't do that because I want to play with my new toys, I would do that because it has been scientifically proven (I am certain I read it in a magazine somewhere) that electronic components work differently on arches than they do on the garage floor.  I need to check just to be sure all the bugs are worked out.

Steve