Author Topic: The show  (Read 933 times)

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
The show
« on: November 30, 2012, »
I just wanna say, im probably like most ppl here make the show perfect ... i remember as a child seeing lights on houses in mentor ohio and i was so amazed. And now, many years later i still remember that one house. Now to last night. I was watching the show from my garage and i know that the programming isnt perfect,  i heard and older woman say " looky here fred, i aint never seen nothing like this"  and my wife and i laughed hard. and a half hour later, a family came with there children and the kids are screaming,  let me out daddy.. Dad opens the door and the 4 kids get out and sit on the cold sidewalk and sing.. well a few minutes go by and the daddy says" come on kids, i gotta work in the morning" ..The youngest kid, Alice wasnt listening to a word being said because she was standing at the foot of my megateee in total awe. The oldest boy had to get her to come to the van. Then it hit me, it doesnt matter how hard you try to make a perfect show or how much time you put into it either, the ppl watching are gonna remember it just like i did when i was a child. So thank you all for helping me to have a great show( even if it isnt perfect in our eyes). Thank you most of all RJ for your idea and allowing us to use it....
Its the most wonderful time of the year.

Offline NewfieGuy

Re: The show
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, »
Awesome, thanks for sharing!

How about some videos of your show?  ;)

Shannon

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, »
You my friend have learned the most powerful lessons of the hobby!

1 - The show is for your visiters, the attempt for perfection is only for you. ( know one but you see the flaws in the show.)

2 -  It's all about the joy you give others not how many channels, lights, or miles of extenstion cord you have. the guy with 16 channels of X-10 can bring joy to so many.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

sjb

« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, »
Great story and thank you for the reminder.

RJ great advice and again I thank you all for this community and the work we all do.

Steve

Offline SteveMaris

« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, »
Well said. The best part of it all, is listening and seeing the people enjoy it.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline winwin

« Reply #5 on: November 30, 2012, »
Very nice story! You may not have won the powerball but it seems you hit the jackpot! Well done.
AL.

Offline sirloinofbeef001

• Reach for the stars
« Reply #6 on: December 01, 2012, »
So my wife says i gotta dress up like santa again christmas eve. You ppl are not invited..lol. anyway, it did make me see the light of the whole picture. Its great to see ppl of all ages looking at ALL my mistakes and never bat an eye. They are why i do it. Especially lil alice.
Its the most wonderful time of the year.