Hardware > Lynx Zeus

Need setup verification

(1/2) > >>

aERonAUtical96:
Need to verify my setup...

USB Dongle (flashed to pixelnet) -> (pixelnet in) 16 port active hub
                                                                                      |-------  (pixelnet out) -> (pixelnet in) zeus 16 (terminate)
                                                                                      |-------  (dmx out) -> (dmx in) express (dmx out) -> express ...
                                                                                      |-------  (power outputs) ->  SSC -> nodes

Active Hub set to PixelNet Uni 1 and DMX 1
Zeus 16 set to PixelNet Uni 1

Channels 1-256 DMX to expresses
Pixelnet 120 channels (40 nodes) to 1 SSC  (programmed to start at channel 257)
Pixelnet 2400 channels (800 nodes) to zeus 16 (programmed to start at channel 377)

Vixen would map to the above channels.  I have not seen the pixelnet plug-in configuration wizard, so I'm assuming I just have to define the first address (257) as the start of the pixelnet universe.

Thanks

tbone321:
Nope, you will define the pixelnet universe to channel 1.  Since you are using single USB dongle configured for pixelnet for all output, all of the channels need to be defined to that device which in this case is a single pixelnet universe.  The active hub pulls the first 512 channels of this pixelnet universe and converts that to DMX.  It also sends those same channels out on the pixelnet output ports so no pixelnet channels are lost, only duplicated.   As long as your device start channels are defined correctly, the controllers will work as expected and from what I can see in your description, they appear to be.

aERonAUtical96:
Follow up question for anyone...

I'm assuming it is ok, but need to verify...

Obtained a 2nd dongle and I am thinking of running 2 dongles, for physical separation of devices in my yard.  Can I flash one as pixelnet and one as standard DMX?  So the layout would look something like this...

FPP ---->  Pixelnet Dongle ---> Active Hub ---> Zeus --->  Freestyle --->  LE 1..4
     |---->  DMX dongle ---> LE 5 ---> LE 6 ---> SSR4 DMX

Would I need to run the devices off of the DMX dongle in a 2nd universe?

I think this can be done, just not sure of the proper configuration as it relates to universes and channel configs.

Thanks,

taybrynn:
yes you could do it that way.   

jnealand:
Why are you not taking DMX out of the active hub?  I take DMX from the active hub and go right to a TX/RX and run stuff on both sides of my driveway using the wireless option.  Being doing that ever since the active hub came out and it works great.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version