Author Topic: Distance between the SSC and the first pixel  (Read 2953 times)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Re: Distance between the SSC and the first pixel
« Reply #15 on: September 12, 2012, »
I have cut my TM1809 strips into 4 equal  sections (30 nodes each) and soldered 6 feet of cable in between the sections without any problem.

So I am at a loss too regarding your problem. Each one of your sections is 60 nodes? And you are controlling them with 120 RGB channels with SSC programmed to pixel mode?

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #16 on: September 12, 2012, »
Yes they are 60 nodes each.  I have 10 strings.  That are all half cuts of 60 nodes each.  They are all programmed with 180 channels, using etherdongle flashed to pixel, active hub, ssc's flashed, etc.  All 8 of 10 half strings work perfectly except for the 2 that the last nodes which if they were still full strips the nodes would be 118,119,120 on both strips.  Another DLA member has the exact same issue as well but only with one string.  Exact same nodes also.  His are also but in half with the exact same setup as mine.  So we are both at a loss here as we have the same oddity going on.  But all other strings program and work perfectly.
"Life is either a daring adventure or nothing"
Helen Keller

Offline AverageJoeTX

« Reply #17 on: September 12, 2012, »
Each section is 60 nodes, each section has it's own SSC. Out of the 17 flex strips we purchased we've successfully cut 8 of those and 3 have developed the same problem. Testing was done on all 17 strips prior to cutting, all seemed to be in perfect working condition, all 120 nodes on all strips working properly. After cutting, three of the strips, the original nodes 118,119 and 120 (same nodes on each strip) (new node #'s 58,59 and 60) now seems to be not receiving any signal at all.
Joe Glenn (West Tawakoni, TX)

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, »
Sorry Joe, I forgot it was 3 strings!   :o
Helen Keller

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #19 on: September 12, 2012, »
I have done 8 strips cut in half and now have a 16 string x 60 pixel mega tree.  All my pixels work, but I have one in the middle of one strip that stays on whenever there is power on so I just call that my pilot light.  It seems to work fine when programmed.  When you soldered to the cut strips did you join the two middle solder points together?
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline peteandvanessa

« Reply #20 on: September 12, 2012, »
I have done about 24 strips, 16 are connected to SSC version 1, and 8 are connected to SSC version 2. Node length varies from 24 nodes to 120 nodes.

All my LED Flexstrips work fine (although the length from the SSC is less than 12 inches), although I also have one strip when on node stays Blue, similar to jneland and it works fine when changing the nodes color.

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #21 on: September 12, 2012, »
Does the SSC(s) have the correct amount of nodes assigned to it with the SS Utility program?

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline gsxrgirl7

« Reply #22 on: September 12, 2012, »
Ok yes I joined the two middle ones with solder on all strips, and yes they have been assigned the correct number of nodes with utility tool and have been double checked twice over for right number of nodes and channel assignment.  They all work right when being tested in vixen, but just those last 3 on each strip do not turn on.  These are all V2 ssc's as well.  All ssc's have been verified and have the correct checksum.  Have swapped them with other strips and the strips still do the same thing regardless of what SSC they are attached to.  When all the rest complete working strips come on full.   I don't have any nodes that come on and stay solid when power is on them.  They pretty much do as they are told except for those last 3 on 2 strips.
Helen Keller