Author Topic: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB  (Read 7901 times)

Offline Pete

I just got 6 CG-1500 enclosures for LE with wireless,  The enclosure mounting holes for PCB's is different from all the photos I see here in the forum.  All the molded standoffs are the same height, but none of the holes on the PCB align with any of the standoffs on the enclosure.

Has anyone experienced this?  Any suggestions?

Pete

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
Re: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2011, »
Take a picture if you can.  Somebody should be able to help.

Offline Pete

« Reply #2 on: August 06, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Take a picture if you can.  Somebody should be able to help.

Yes - I believe a picture may help!  lol   

Here it is - hope someone can help!

« Last Edit: August 06, 2011, by Pete »

Offline barbotte

« Reply #3 on: August 06, 2011, »
sure does not look like the one i have here .... but with the amoung of hole i am sure 2 of them can fit ??
cherr

Offline Pete

« Reply #4 on: August 07, 2011, »
I can only half match up the PCB to one hole.  I think I'll make a mounting plate then mount the PCB to the plate with some short standoffs. I'll post photo's as I go.

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #5 on: August 07, 2011, »
Your boxes are definitely different that the CG-1500s that I have.  Where did you get them from?  Are they Keptel brand or some other brand?  I bought a dozen from DFCountryman earlier this year and have not had any problems.
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, by jnealand »
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2011, »
Yikes.  I checked my stash and they don't look like that.

The good news is the case itself should be the same high quality case.  Get yourself some 1/4 plastic water line (maybe slightly larger) from the  hardware store to use as standoffs and just run the screw through the case with a nut on the backside.  After you're done, put some hot glue over the nut on the back side to seal it up.

I used this method on some other cases and it's worked like a champ.

Offline Blackbeard

« Reply #7 on: August 11, 2011, »
Since I'm thinking about ordering my yearly cases soon, could you please let us know where these came from? Thanks

Offline Pete

« Reply #8 on: August 11, 2011, »

Since I'm thinking about ordering my yearly cases soon, could you please let us know where these came from? Thanks

I got these from WLC Ventures listed in the WiKi.

Offline g2ktcf

« Reply #9 on: August 12, 2011, »
Gents,

This is the first I have heard of the mounting holes being different.  I will need to check with the manufacture on this as it never occurred to me the mounting bosses could even be different.  I have only one drawing for these. 
I am off on a business trip now or I would check my new stock and see what I have. 

Chris

Offline g2ktcf

« Reply #10 on: August 12, 2011, »
I have a call into the Product Manager now.......will update you as soon as I have an answer.  I am concerned that they changed the overall design as this shipment was from brand new stock at AFL.

Offline g2ktcf

« Reply #11 on: August 12, 2011, »
Ok,  AFL has a new mold for the CG-1500 and they did change the layout.  I will send RJ the new base drawing if that will help.  The new mold was implemented in May so any CG-1500s made after that date will be like the picture above.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #12 on: August 12, 2011, »
Ok,  AFL has a new mold for the CG-1500 and they did change the layout.  I will send RJ the new base drawing if that will help.  The new mold was implemented in May so any CG-1500s made after that date will be like the picture above.

Did they change the part number anyway to indicate the new mounting hole layout?  This change will affect many users of the CG-1500 if not documented properly.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline g2ktcf

« Reply #13 on: August 12, 2011, »
Did they change the part number anyway to indicate the new mounting hole layout?  This change will affect many users of the CG-1500 if not documented properly.

Not to my knowledge Dennis.  This affects all  new stock made after May 2011.  I have verified with the manufacturer that they have no more changes planned for this product line for the next two years.  The next one due for a new mold is the CG-1000 which is heavily used over at DIYC. 

For now, the best bet is a intermediate board to adapt to the new holes.  This is where we as a group are at a disadvantage.  These enclosures are not designed for this use.  I am sure that AFL reviewed this change with the suppliers of the parts that normally mount in these.  All I can do is communicate with them how important this is and hope that they will keep me in the loop on changes in the future.

Offline tng5737

« Reply #14 on: August 12, 2011, »
More likely, the change was mandated by some large cable or telco company due to change in their equipment!