Author Topic: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB  (Read 7900 times)

Offline jeffcoast

Re: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2011, »
Seems to me, a big change like that should warrant a new model number for it. CG-1501 or some such. That way you know for a fact you are getting the one with the correct boss layout.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline pk

• Patron Member
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2011, »
I agree jeffcoast.  The change affected the form, fit or function.  It isn't the same.

Offline Dennis Cherry

• Maryville, Tennessee
    • Video's of Computerized Lights
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I agree jeffcoast.  The change affected the form, fit or function.  It isn't the same.

it been 10 years since I heard the three F's again.

I agree you change any of them and a need Part Number should be created.

We will hear from others on this forum that do not check or post unless there is a problem.
2013 videos now available You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline barbotte

« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2011, »
it is sad that they change it without notice or part number ..but we have to live with it ...no one's fault but the company ..
cheer

Offline g2ktcf

« Reply #19 on: August 13, 2011, »
Once again (...and this is not to indemnify the mfg in any way....) the Form, Fit and Function argument can only fairly be applied to the parameters for which the enclosure was originally designed.  It very well may be that they do indeed meet this requirement as it pertains to the telecommunications industry.

In the end, we have to deal with what they supply.  However, I have been working on developing a strong business relationship with this manufacturer so that, in the future, I will be able to get prior notice of these types of things.  From the moment I first realized we had an issue until the time I had a concrete answer was only a couple of hours.  At least they are responsive to our questions! :)

I am trying to look on the bright side!!!!

Offline jeffcoast

« Reply #20 on: August 13, 2011, »
Just tell them if they need a place to dump the old versions, you know where to send them.
Jeff Cook
Orlando, FL

Offline jnealand

• Patron Member
« Reply #21 on: August 15, 2011, »
Are we sure those boxes are Keptel CG-1500?  I don't recall seeing anything in writing stating this as fact.
Jim Nealand
Kennesaw, GA

Offline Pete

« Reply #22 on: August 15, 2011, »
Are we sure those boxes are Keptel CG-1500?  I don't recall seeing anything in writing stating this as fact.

I will check them when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Pete

Offline txburr

« Reply #23 on: August 16, 2011, »
I picked up another case of boxes today and they have changed.  I talked with my vendor (DF
 Countryman) and he stated that the company changed up the mounting holes at a request of the cable companies that use them. I hope to have some answers tomorrow as to any remaining old stock .

sent using my phone

Offline Pete

« Reply #24 on: August 16, 2011, »

I will check them when I get home from work tonight and let you know.

Pete

I checked the boxes that I received (I ordered a case of 6).   The brand name is CableGuard Enclosure Systems  DM000551-03.  I do not see anything on the box "Keptel" or "CG-1500".

This is the first time I ordered the CG-1500 - and used the WiKi info as a source to order them.   I figured that vendors listed in the WiKi would have the model we use.  There was no way to discern from the website ordering that they were anything other than Keptel CG-1500. Lesson learned not all CG-1500's are the same, beware.

Pete

Offline scottmc70

• Kell Christmas Lights
« Reply #25 on: August 16, 2011, »
I received 3 from Df Countryman today that had been backorded for about 2 weeks and they are the "updated" style. I am working on a mounting plate.
The little lights aren't twinkling Clark
[img width= height= alt=channel count]http://www.planetchristmas.com/signatures/img/vix_48_lightgray_blue.gif[/img]

Offline n1ist

• Coop Manager
« Reply #26 on: August 17, 2011, »
I have added a note to the WIKI about this issue.
/mike

Offline txburr

« Reply #27 on: August 17, 2011, »
I just want to let everyone know that the CG1500 box has been changed up by AFL and no longer will allow the Express board to just bolt into the box.  The SKU 912440-00-00 is the box you want if you can find them. The replacement part which does not have the same screw holes or "bosses" has a SKU of DM000589-CG

Below is an email from AFL to the folks at DF Countryman.

"Please see below from our product manager:

"we periodically replace molds as they age and wear out.  In building the replacement we design new features and add functionality.  The old mold is no longer functional and we have converted all of our production to the new mold.  The majority of legacy bosses from the old mold are still present in the new mold along with many more bosses however, the bosses are now all the same height.

We will look into the latch issue mentioned.  An alternative is the DM000553-CG which has a 3/8" hex head fastener at the same price.  Same as our CG-500 or CG-2000."

Thanks again for your interest in AFL's products.

Should you need anything else please let me know.

Thank you and best regards,

Customer Service Rep"

« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, by txburr »

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #28 on: August 17, 2011, »
I just want to let everyone know that the CG1500 box has been changed up by AFL and no longer will allow the Express board to just bolt into the box.  The SKU 912440-00-00 is the box you want if you can find them. The replacement part which does not have the same screw holes or "bosses" has a SKU of 912440-00-00

Did you make a typo on one of the SKU numbers above?  I assume you meant to provide two different numbers (one good and one bad).

-Mike
« Last Edit: August 17, 2011, by mokeefe »

Offline txburr

« Reply #29 on: August 17, 2011, »
I just want to let everyone know that the CG1500 box has been changed up by AFL and no longer will allow the Express board to just bolt into the box.  The SKU 912440-00-00 is the box you want if you can find them. The replacement part which does not have the same screw holes or "bosses" has a SKU of 912440-00-00

Did you make a typo on one of the SKU numbers abive?  I assume you meant to provide two different numbers (one good and one bad).

-Mike

Yes and thanks for catching it. I have corrected it now