Author Topic: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB  (Read 7902 times)

Offline Blackbeard

Re: New CG=1500 mounting holes don't align with LE PCB
« Reply #30 on: August 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

We will look into the latch issue mentioned.  An alternative is the DM000553-CG which has a 3/8" hex head fastener at the same price.  Same as our CG-500 or CG-2000."

So, is this saying the hole patterns are the same as the CG-1500 with a different fastener, or what exactly is it saying?

Offline zwiller

« Reply #31 on: August 24, 2011, »
Will this new model require extensive modification or is this a minor adjustment?  Anybody kind enough to throw some picks up with the new CG1500 and LE pcb to give us an idea??? 

THANKS!
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline kjam22

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2011, »
It is really just a minor modification, I thought it was much easier than the old system.  I have attached some photos of what I did, here is the description.  I used an extra pcb and made a template to attach to the back of box.  Make sure that you mount it low enough to accomodate the wireless modules (hard learned lesson on one)!  Drill the holes from the back of the box to match the template.  I used 10/24 screws that were 1-1/2" long, pass them through the back then secure on the inside with a nut.  I then added an extra nut to each bolt to act as the standoff from the back of the box.  I used 5/16 tubing cut into sections to create insolators on the top and the bottem of the board to fasten it in the box.

Offline barbotte

« Reply #33 on: October 02, 2011, »
Cris at You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
just received a bacth of the old style box .. so no problem here
cheer