Author Topic: LOR S3 using USB485B to output DMX to LE  (Read 1666 times)

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
LOR S3 using USB485B to output DMX to LE
« on: October 17, 2011, »
I have LOR s3 setup and working using a LOR USB485B adapter, outputting DMX, connected to a LE via cat5, and it looks to operate ok.

The question I have is would you trust this combination in a show.  I trust it for the LOR protocol, I'm just not sure how trustworthy it will be and how the performance will be.

Any LOR users have any input?

Offline therealbigjim

Re: LOR S3 using USB485B to output DMX to LE
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2011, »
I will try it also I am just setting up S3 and will try it with my Halloween lighting sequence tonight.
"If you want more lights sell that old mustang"
        You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline dmoore

« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2011, »
I have LOR s3 setup and working using a LOR USB485B adapter, outputting DMX, connected to a LE via cat5, and it looks to operate ok.

The question I have is would you trust this combination in a show.  I trust it for the LOR protocol, I'm just not sure how trustworthy it will be and how the performance will be.

Any LOR users have any input?

I thought you puchased an Enttec Pro?

You should be fine.  xLights as a backup.  All will be good.

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2011, »
I did order an Enttec Pro.  Is it overkill?  Probably.  Having tools that are known to work well is very important to me so I'll pay a few extra dollars for the comfort of knowing it will work.  I thought it was a better deal than an iDMX. I was also a little jumpy because when I ask if it would work, the guys at LOR said yes, but we haven't tested that model yet.

I'll test the USB485B when my show it setup and hopefully it works the same.  If it does, then I have a backup device for my LOR network and my LE units.

As far as xLights, I think it's a great option, but my controller numbers don't fit it's mold.  I'm already spending a ton of brain work reworking my sequences to integrate LE units so I'm not at a point to explore xLights yet.  As soon as the show is running and the snow flies then I'll have time to explore more.