Author Topic: Miniature light strings needed  (Read 967 times)

Offline Christmasaddict

Miniature light strings needed
« on: January 27, 2013, »
I decided to retire several of the strings on my mega tree this year but unfortunately was unable to purchase any at a discounted price after Christmas.  Does anyone have any standard 100 light strings in red or green with green cords that they don't need?  Maybe someone upgrading to LED's?  Would only be interested in new strings as they will be used on my mega tree which puts a lot of stress on the wires.  On a related subject has anyone else noticed that the stores don't seem to stock as many lights as they used to? 

Offline tbone321

Re: Miniature light strings needed
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2013, »
Of course they don't.  It really doesn't serve them any purpose to do that anymore.  They have found that they make more money by limiting the amount of stock they carry becasue they know that people will panic and they will sell most of it at full price instead of overstocking and everyone waiting for the big sales.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving

Offline lonewolf41

• Coop Manager
« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2013, »
I think I have quite a few still in the box.  How many do you need and where are you located?  I'll try and check today and see what I have.  I think they are sort of buried so may take a bit to find and get to them.

Thanks,
-Keith

Offline elmo2resc

« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, »
I have a boat load. I know you stated that you wanted new. Mine are like new and have been in storage crates. I believe I used them one year then I switched to LED. They are Lowes mini's. I have been slowely cutting them into light duty extension cords for my LED's. Let me know.

Jerome
Jerome