Author Topic: What is this?  (Read 3355 times)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
What is this?
« on: April 17, 2013, »
OK all you electronic experts. My son is trying to put a sub, amp and speakers in his 2011 F150 and let the smoke out of his stereo. Of course he could not ask dad for any help because he is 23 and knows everything right? Anyway if anyone could tell me what this is. I destroyed it taking it out, because I was trying not to hurt the PCB so forgive the crudeness of the pins. There are no part numbers on this so I know that this is a long shot, but........

« Last Edit: April 22, 2013, by rdebolt »

Offline Robert

What is this?
« Reply #1 on: April 17, 2013, »
By chance does his F150 have the overhead DVD player? The DVD player has a 26 pin connector.

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
Re: What is this?
« Reply #2 on: April 17, 2013, »
Check the interior of the amp really close, there is probably a second chip (unburned) similar to the burned one.  Maybe prefixed with a TA* number?

:) joe
"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline rrowan

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: April 17, 2013, »
Please pardon me for this.

When I saw the pictures my first thought was:

Is that a, Centipede carrying the wife's overnight shoe bag?

<fp.

Maybe you should go with what Joe or Robert said

Rick R.
Light Animation Hobby - Having fun and Learning at the same time. (21st member of DLA)
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Warning SOME assembly required

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #4 on: April 17, 2013, »
By chance does his F150 have the overhead DVD player? The DVD player has a 26 pin connector.

No it does not. this is actually part of the CD\Radio head

Check the interior of the amp really close, there is probably a second chip (unburned) similar to the burned one.  Maybe prefixed with a TA* number?

There is a similar one, but only has 16 pins not 28. Has numbers
TDA3681 JR
N9E8A4     11
HSG10192

Thanks Guys!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #5 on: April 17, 2013, »
Please pardon me for this.

When I saw the pictures my first thought was:

Is that a, Centipede carrying the wife's overnight shoe bag?

<fp.

Maybe you should go with what Joe or Robert said

Rick R.

Now that's a lot of help! LOL

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #6 on: April 17, 2013, »
The PCB does say IC501 where this goes, if that means anything on this. The similar one from above says IC 401.

Offline JoeFromOzarks

• Patron Member
« Reply #7 on: April 18, 2013, »
Maybe we should go with the data on the nameplate: manufacturer, model, serial, etc.  Is it aftermarket?

The TDA3681 is an NXP automotive-type voltage regulator.  Does it show any damage?   The other two part numbers don't ring any bells.

"If it was easy, everybody would be doin' it!!!"        :)

Offline rm357

What is this?
« Reply #8 on: April 18, 2013, »
You left the important info - who made the radio?

Panasonic makes an ic501 module that is basically the whole amplifier circuit - if the radio was made by Panasonic or one of its derivative companies. There are several varieties though in different sizes and shapes.

You might try removing the thermal grease with alcohol to see if there is any part number info on the other side.
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #9 on: April 18, 2013, »
Maybe we should go with the data on the nameplate: manufacturer, model, serial, etc.  Is it aftermarket?

The TDA3681 is an NXP automotive-type voltage regulator.  Does it show any damage?   The other two part numbers don't ring any bells.

No it is a factory radio and no there does not appear to be any more damage.
You left the important info - who made the radio?

Panasonic makes an ic501 module that is basically the whole amplifier circuit - if the radio was made by Panasonic or one of its derivative companies. There are several varieties though in different sizes and shapes.

You might try removing the thermal grease with alcohol to see if there is any part number info on the other side.

Don't know who built the radio. It is a factory ford radio. I know that Ford did not make it, but I don't know who did. I will have to do more research on that. I do know that it is not a Sony as that is an option. There are no numbers left. I have carefully cleaned it the best I can. You can kind of see where the numbers were, but I cannot make out anything, even under a magnifying glass.

Offline arw01

« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2013, »
My local library, via the internet, has a Autotech or something like that where you can get to the wiring diagrams of the vehicles on line.  You might give that a try and look around the area you were working on the diagram.  They often tell you WHAT it is.

We also have a lot of pull and save type wrecking yards around us, I have found it worth the $3.00 or whatever to be able to see inside the dash on some car that is all ripped up and figure out what things are where they go.

Also you should go over to diymobileaudio (google that) and post up there, just like our christams and decoration community, they are stereo enthusiasts that do it themselves.

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2013, »
My local library, via the internet, has a Autotech or something like that where you can get to the wiring diagrams of the vehicles on line.  You might give that a try and look around the area you were working on the diagram.  They often tell you WHAT it is.

We also have a lot of pull and save type wrecking yards around us, I have found it worth the $3.00 or whatever to be able to see inside the dash on some car that is all ripped up and figure out what things are where they go.

Also you should go over to diymobileaudio (google that) and post up there, just like our christams and decoration community, they are stereo enthusiasts that do it themselves.

I have full access to all wiring diagrams, but they do not show internal circuitry. I will try on the diymobileaudio though.

Thanks for the info,
Roger

Offline t.jo13

• Coop Manager
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2013, »
Try this site, You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login   it might help you pinpoint the module a little better. I tried and came up with something close  to what I thought it might be. I did not know what model it was ( fx4, xlt, ect.)

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2013, »
It is within the 18806.

Thanks!

Offline rdebolt

• Patron Member
    • Christmas in Boise
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2013, »
I found this just don't know how many different specs there are for these.