Author Topic: Supporting Member  (Read 4268 times)

Offline Kirk

Supporting Member
« on: March 07, 2008, »
I would Like to see a PayPal link to be able to put a few bucks toward the cost of running this site. I honestly could give a rats behind if RJ even makes a profit off it. The way I see it is the less money He spends to run this site the more he has to develop fun stuff for us less cranialy gifted folk to marvel at. I don't care one whit whether those who give gain any extra features or recognition. I'm just looking to help in the only way I can. You wont see me making any new designs or writing software to further this hobby as I'm not at all gifted in those departments, but I still want to do my part. If after awhile RJ finds that his cup overfloweth with donations I'm sure he can find a way to help out those who give thier time and money thru development and beta testing new boards. Just my few cents worth.

Kirk

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Supporting Member
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2008, »
Thank You Kirk for your support. If others feel that way then we will do it. I could setup a email off of the domain and get a paypal for it so the money could be kept separate and pay for the hosting, chat licenses, maybe commercial software later. And what ever else the group feels is a good use of the funds. But it is not required. As far as special treatment what if we give "supporting Members" first shot at Betas? and A title rank to show they support the board. This seems fair to me. This is all up the members what we do. I'm trying to provide what the members want and need.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline DonRoss

• Patron Member
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2008, »
C'mon!!!  Point us to the button!!!!
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline snething

« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2008, »
I am in total support of helping fund this site and its management!

Offline scottl480

« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2008, »
I'm game!!  Tell me when and where.

Offline jwells

« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2008, »
I supported the DIY forum and I don't think a final number was posted but I think if each of us sent 10.00 RJ should be set for some time. RJ of course can tell us since he knows the costs etc. I have no problems supporting RJ

Jim

Offline skygodtj

• A pirate I was meant ta be!
    • My profile at Hauntspace.com.....
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2008, »
I agree, Public broacast stations are listener supported..Forum boards could/should be member supported  too(but not as a membership requirement as some just cant donate).  I'm in Ham Radio and we make donations all the time to keep a repeater on the air or make improvements.. I'm all for it.

TJ
NS2E (ex-N2STE, ex-KD4QOB)
« Last Edit: March 08, 2008, by skygodtj »
====================================================
Pilots track their lives by the number of hours in the air, as if any other time isn't worth noting....
                  Michael Rarfit

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2008, »
I agree, Public broacast stations are listener supported..Forum boards could/should be member supported  too(but not as a membership requirement as some just cant donate).  I'm in Ham Radio and we make donations all the time to keep a repeater on the air or make improvements.. I'm all for it.

TJ
NS2E (ex-N2STE, ex-KD4QOB)

I will make it so!

Guess I better throw some numbers out also. LOL

RJ
K4ROB (ex - KF4GPW)
N363RJ (ex - N41PF) / N91310 / N1254U / .............  LOL
KAAS4997 -- if you can figure this one out you go back a ways. LOL

Offline skygodtj

« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2008, »
OH NO!!  Not the dreaded chicken band!!  I think my old call was KED-0979... or KDE..  before they started the 4-alpha prefix's..  then I got Aero 25, then BlueFlight 644, then Sparrow... dont remember the number.. callsigns for NatCap, VA and FL Wing CAP..
Pilots track their lives by the number of hours in the air, as if any other time isn't worth noting....
                  Michael Rarfit

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2008, »
Oh not CAP also.... Man are you like my paraell universe twin. The one that did go commerical pilot instead of Networking Engineer?

:-\

Offline skygodtj

« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2008, »
hahahahaha... yeah.. I always felt I had a twin somewhere, just hoped it'd be older than me :)
                  Michael Rarfit

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #11 on: March 09, 2008, »
Ok, it will be a while before I have to figure out how to do a donate button so for now you can donate to You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and I will work on getting the title setup for everyone who donates so be patient I'm busy on an important project.

If you want a set amount use the $10 but you can give what you want I think your all great no matter what you donate.

Thanks Guys

RJ
« Last Edit: March 09, 2008, by RJ »

Offline DonRoss

• Patron Member
« Reply #12 on: March 09, 2008, »
Having trouble with your email address:

Returns error
Some required information is missing or incomplete. Please correct your entries and try again.

* The email address or phone number you have entered is invalid. Remember to include area code. Please check your entry and try again.
    * Email Address: Please enter a valid address in the format You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline tstewart

• Global Moderator
« Reply #13 on: March 09, 2008, »
Done.

Don just at a .com to the end of the address RJ has in his message.

Todd

Offline DonRoss

• Patron Member
« Reply #14 on: March 09, 2008, »
Thnx!!!!!