Author Topic: Just a Thank you to All of you  (Read 976 times)

Offline urthegman

Just a Thank you to All of you
« on: August 12, 2012, »
I just wanted to say thank you to all of you here for your willingness to help not only me but each other. It is really great to be part of a community where people go out of there way to help others to put a smile on the faces of their community and beyond. This morning I was getting ready to toss a microwave oven that just completely died, no power, just nothing. So I said while I have time on my hands waiting for LSP 2.5 to come out, let me just troubleshoot a little. I Google microwave died and watch a video or two, learn that it could be as simple as a fuse. I see another article about another microwave I own that buzzes, learn that that could be a diode, the high voltage capacitor(which if you don't discharge can be extremely shocking) or it could be a part called a magnetron. (It turned out it was a loose stirrer motor). Anyway, to stay on point here, without the support and kindness shown here that gave me the confidence to build Dongles, SSC's, Hubs, Expresses, Splitters, Combiners, Wireless, Aether II's etc., I would never even attempt or think of attempting a repair. I swapped out the fuse on the first microwave with a spare from my v5 warchest and voila,  my microwave works again!!! So thank you one and all for all that you have taught me!!!!!!  <res.

Offline RJ

• Administrator
Re: Just a Thank you to All of you
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2012, »
I am glad you found being part of our community to be a positive thing. This is all I every wanted from DLA.

RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
« Reply #2 on: August 12, 2012, »
The way I see it you can now spend the money you saved on more smart strings and controllers

Offline urthegman

« Reply #3 on: August 12, 2012, »
And here I was thinking I could open a microwave repair shop!!!! Believe it or not, the hard part was getting the screws off!!! They were the tamper proof torx screws(the ones with 6 points or lobes as they call them) I had to drill out the stem in the middle just to remove them.

Offline wftxlites

« Reply #4 on: August 12, 2012, »
Look at Harbor Tools for a Security Bit Set. Then you can open your repair shop and not have to buy new screws for every MW. ;D

Offline rm357

Just a Thank you to All of you
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, »
Be real careful with microwave ovens. If there is a "leak" that allows microwaves to escape, you might be cooking yourself...

A quick test is to hold a fluorescent tube near the unit when it is running with the lights turned off. If it lights up, you should consider professional servicing or disposal of the unit.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Robert
Warner Robins, Georgia, USA

Offline urthegman

« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, »
See what I mean? That is an AMAZING article!!! So much for opening a repair shop!!!  8)