Author Topic: Multi Sequencer Synchronization? Or use xlights?  (Read 596 times)

Offline taybrynn

• RockinChristmas
Ok,

I really think this would be a great niche software, similar to xlights. Maybe xlights already does this?!

What I think would be neat, would be to run a sequence using sequencing software "A", and when it begins a sequence ... would like to be able to sync with sequencing software "B" ... and have them run that same song in parallel, while only "A" runs the audio (and hardware A,B,C), while software "B" runs in slave mode (no audio) and controls hardware (D and E only).  It could be limited to that you can't have any overlap ... meaning you must control everything with say LOR, using LOR S2 ... and all others used the sequencing software of your choice.

So the idea behind this master and slave (think hard drive terminology) sequencer option would be to make transitioning easier, at least in the next couple years.  You could take existing songs and hardware, and then just add the new hardware and do it using another piece of software using its own interfaces and protocols.

So I could take an existing LOR sequence, and continue to run it (controlled LOR hardware) ... but could trigger a sister sequence in say Vixen or LSP ... which then starts up and is sync'd perfectly ... and runs some DMX, some PixelNet, whatever ... and basically just runs in parallel, with the audio portion disabled.

I could also see something like xlights being able to do this, because it could sync. the playback of two different sequence files.  In fact, writing this ... does xlights already do this?!!
Scott - Castle Rock, Colorado   [ 2 homes, 100% RGB in 2016; since 2008; over 32k channels of E1.31 ]
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login