Author Topic: Valentines day  (Read 1442 times)

Offline ron d

Valentines day
« on: February 14, 2011, »
Not animated to music but randomly rotating hearts and a bright color and simply keeping my neighbors wondering what the hell and what next at the same time while letting my wife know i love her! I thought it was a BRIGHT idea!

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Re: Valentines day
« Reply #1 on: February 14, 2011, »
nice, all i had was a clear plastic sign that sad "LOVE"  with a red led ribbon down the table. 
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2011, »
How did you manage to do the randomly rotating hearts?

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2011, »
Yes Ron D..... How did you do that? 

I WANT ONE!

Ron
My 2010 Videos
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline WWNF911

• Patron Member
« Reply #4 on: February 15, 2011, »
Not animated to music but randomly rotating hearts and a bright color and simply keeping my neighbors wondering what the hell and what next at the same time while letting my wife know i love her! I thought it was a BRIGHT idea!

Might that be an Aether related "BRIGHT" idea?
Leon

Offline ron d

« Reply #5 on: February 15, 2011, »
they are 36x3 watt LED fixtures for color and a rotation head projector on both sides so they are spinning in opposite directions. I nned to make some odd projected images for out of the ordinary holidays.

I still have my border and 7 of the other 9 wireless houses. Guess I should get them down rather then play with new lights.
Actually all 7 of the other houses still had snow/ice on them so i couldnt get them off. If you look close you can see my star and ice lights were still up.

Not sure what next years show will be for Xmas but i have some BIG ideas for a small show. Im sure we can still make it a bit brighter up and down my street!

Offline CaptKirk

« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2011, »
We need a picture please?  Did you make it, or is it an off-the-shelf item?  DMX controlled??  Inquiring minds want to know...
"Beam me up Scotty- there is no intelligent life on this planet."

Offline trekster

• A Lynx Express Device........ Fascinating! ;
    • My 2010 Videos
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2011, »
DITTO

Tell us more

Ron
My 2010 Videos

Offline ron d

« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2011, »
The Projector is simply a martin mania PR-1. For my christmas show i use a cheaper irridiant projector and use it for my TUNE TO sign.

Now in this picture is a universe of stars light fixture. All the stars randomnly wander around while the blue "smoke" scrolls across like smok would look. On certain nights i pulled a couple of these out and put them in the show.

I used this projector in the xmas show. It is led and non dimable but you can make your own image with tranleucent paper and a printer. I got mine well 2 of them for like $80

It does not rotate but my tune to sign simply comes on 5 seconds before the end of a song and stays on 10-15 seconds into the next song.

Offline mokeefe

« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2011, »
Now in this picture is a universe of stars light fixture. All the stars randomnly wander around while the blue "smoke" scrolls across like smok would look. On certain nights i pulled a couple of these out and put them in the show.

Are those BlissLight units you're using for the starfields? If so, what model do you use for projection onto your house?

-Mike