Author Topic: Ray Wu has posted some new 4M TM1812 strips in silicon tube.  (Read 971 times)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

The strips are not on the DLA approved list. That being said I have tested a 1 meter section of the strips and they worked with SSC. They can be cut every 4 leds.

Offline Beanbag109

• "If I bulid it, it will flash and blink"
Cool!

BTW, Why is shipping so expensive? Sellers on ebay ship from HK free (most of the time).

Offline urthegman

Do they also have built in effects? Or is that just with a separately purchased controller?

Offline Mike Hill

• Here to learn
You need to email Ray and he will work with you on shipping and large quantity orders.
Mike Hill
First display date 11-2011
"Never explain your actions, your enemies don't believe it and your friends don't need it."

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
Shipping is expensive because he sends via dhl. That way you receive the product quickly, and have time to work out any issues.  Also, dhl packages usually travel through customs very quickly compared to other shipping options. And usually ends up with you not having to pay an import tax.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
No built-in effects come with them. The web page was probably originally made for strips and a controller. Please note these are 32 LEDS per meter, not 30. So total LEDS in 4 meters is 128. I think the SSC only supports max of 120 for strips.

The main reason I bought these were the ability to cut them every 4 LEDS. I bought the 5M ones because I was going to cut them up and use them for my windows. My windows are big so I am using two SSC controllers per window. and I got more bang for the buck with 5M strips.

Here is link to 5M strips.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

« Last Edit: April 01, 2012, by dpitts »

Offline Beanbag109

• "If I bulid it, it will flash and blink"
Way cool!