Author Topic: Forum Emails  (Read 680 times)

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Forum Emails
« on: January 27, 2012, »
Something I've noticed about the emails that come from the forum.  They don't seem to have a valid reply email address associated (at least gmail doesn't show them)  This could be the cause of why some people are not getting emails maybe.  I know my work filters like crazy and an email like this wouldn't even make it into the system even as junk.

They show like this
DiyLightAnimation You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Maybe change to something like this?
DiyLightAnimation You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login and then just have that address go to /dev/null just in case people do reply.

Thoughts?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline popcorn

Re: Forum Emails
« Reply #1 on: January 27, 2012, »
Every notification sent to me since the 26th has gone to the gmail spam folder.  They all have the noreply return address.
Bob

"Good teaching is more a giving of the right questions than a giving of the right answers." -- Josef Albers

"You can observe a lot just by watching." -- Yogi Berra

Offline popcorn

« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, »
P.S. You can log into GMAIL and look in the spam folder and mark each message (if you have more than one) from DiyLightAnimation as "Not SPAM" and they will start showing up in your inbox again.l
Bob

"Good teaching is more a giving of the right questions than a giving of the right answers." -- Josef Albers

"You can observe a lot just by watching." -- Yogi Berra

Offline twooly

• Blah
    • Todd Woolums
Forum Emails
« Reply #3 on: January 27, 2012, »
P.S. You can log into GMAIL and look in the spam folder and mark each message (if you have more than one) from DiyLightAnimation as "Not SPAM" and they will start showing up in your inbox again.l

Yep I already did that just making a suggestion because the not always spam doesn't always keep.  It's like gmail does a reset every so often.

Sent from my mobile device from an app

Offline thestig

« Reply #4 on: January 27, 2012, »
Thanks for the heads up, looks like that is what the problem was. I unspammed it! I would have freaked if I missed a coop.  :)