Author Topic: xLights 2011  (Read 3105 times)

Offline kevr

• Little Gem Lights
Re: xLights 2011
« Reply #15 on: September 28, 2011, »
No trouble logging on when you live on the other side of the world. Great work thanks a bunch!!

Kev :-)
Grandad get the lights ready

Offline dmaccole

• PacificaLights.info
Re: xLights 2011
« Reply #16 on: September 29, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
It does run OS/X 10.4 though.

PPC rules!

My desktop machine is still a G4 running 10.4, but when the laptop died last year, a MBP with an Intel chip (pa-tooie!) invaded ... then I needed to upgrade the web server and a Core 2 Mini broke into house and set itself onto the server rack.

Take your time, get it right.

Thanks for all the hard work.

\dmc

Offline Timon

xLights 2011
« Reply #17 on: October 01, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
I am working on it. However, my only Mac is an iBook G3 with 384MB RAM and a very small hard drive. So Mac development is slow. It does run OS/X 10.4 though. Also, the wxWidgets library, which xLights uses, has a few UI problems on the Mac (e.g. fonts and widgets don't always get sized the same as they do on Windows and Linux). Just takes time to work through all of that.

Matt

Ouch, that's even older than my old backup iMac G5 we keep in the family room for a music player. Sounds like it's time for an upgrade. If not new maybe something like an older MacBook Core2Duo from a reliable Apple reseller. If your interested I have a couple near me that I could inquire if they have something and if they do send you the contact data.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk