Author Topic: approximate date for shipping Lynx kits  (Read 1148 times)

Offline lightingnut

approximate date for shipping Lynx kits
« on: January 24, 2011, »
What is the approximate date for shipping out the Lynx kits to us the buyers.
Thanks,
David

Offline inzeos

Re: approximate date for shipping Lynx kits
« Reply #1 on: January 24, 2011, »
I would imagine that it is to early to tell.

RJ just received final payments today according to his posts.  The order will be sent in to the parts supplier, who will let the coop manager know the lead time of any back order or long lead items.  Once that happens add in a pile of time for the expert Lynx Express sorting and packaging and then how ever long it takes the postal service to get it to you.

Offline Rainlover

• Coop Admin
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2011, »
David,
Last year we had a coop for LE that was around 525 pieces. Payment pm's were sent on 1/19/10 and I received my LEs 2/24.
That was last year. There may be inventory issues, shipping issues, etc. Past results do not guarantee future performance. Your mileage may vary. My views do not necessarily reflect those of the administration.

John
Life isn't about how to survive the storm, but how to dance in the rain!

Offline knguyen916

« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2011, »
Hmm Rick is being lazy!!!!  <yk..   ;) Anyhow wrong place for this type of thread.  ;D

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
What is the approximate date for shipping out the Lynx kits to us the buyers.
Thanks,
David

Offline egenoup

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2011, »
We just send the money when we are asked to and wait patinently for the "express" sorting machine to do its work and send us our kits.  RJ will keep us posted on the progress.  He usually posts pictures of the parts arriving at his house and then throughout the sort process.   He may even post pictures of the boxes before they ship.  That all depends on how much time he has between sorting, packing, answering PMs/forum questions and other administrative funtions.  I kind of "send it and forget it"

Hope this does not mess with your expectations, but this is mostly done with volunteer work and there is no real income.  It is best effort and out of the kindness of both RJ and JJ.

Charles S.

Offline bcstuff

• Cape Coral, FL 33991
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2011, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
Hope this does not mess with your expectations, but this is mostly done with volunteer work and there is no real income.  It is best effort and out of the kindness of both RJ and JJ.

At 600 units ordered there will be an enormous amount, enormous amount, very large amount of time involved with ordering these, sorting these and preparing them to ship.

This is all done for basically free, and I sincerely appreciate it. I only hope that I can one day do something for them as they do for us.

As long as I get them before Thanksgiving I will be happy.

Thank you RJ, JJ, and everyone else involved.

/end gratuitous rant.
-Brian
-------------
2017 - Complete makeover, let's just say it's gonna be a few pixels.

2016 - Grad School Stinks :(
2015 - 16' Megatree, 8' MidiTrees, 8' MegaWreath, 6' Snowflake Spinners, Zwilluminariesâ„¢

Our Display Videos: You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline Jeffl

• Just remember. Wireless is nice. Copper is king!
    • Christmas In Brandon
« Reply #6 on: January 24, 2011, »
RJ just posted an update of with back order times which are on track for what he said from the start. I do wonder how they do it as could drive you insane counting 12K LED's alone. :)

Offline lightingnut

« Reply #7 on: January 24, 2011, »
You did not like where I placed the post? I thought since it delt with coops it should be in that area.

I was wanting a ball park guess so I could decide on what else I need to buy and when things might show up. I did not know if it was going to be sooner like end of Feb or 6 months from now.
Thanks for your help.
David

Offline mmais68569

« Reply #8 on: January 24, 2011, »
Based on what RJ posted with a 5 week back order on 2 parts my guess would be not earlier then the middle of March.

Mike