Author Topic: Halloween & Chrismass Project  (Read 3003 times)

Offline grumpy2076

Halloween & Chrismass Project
« on: December 22, 2011, »
Hey Guys And Gals,

Im going to post my updates here on my projects for next year, some goals are to rebuild my cemetary, add lights, and a arch i saw on you tube.
And  of course and lots of lights and yard stuff for chrismass. can wait already started building.
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline grumpy2076

Re: Halloween & Chrismass Project
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2011, »
Well ive managed to make 2 more tombstones and the basses for my arch,at this rate ill be able to star on my chrismass stuff lol. ill post pics soon.
Hey, it's like that old goat says: Rule 11: It's all just a game, so let loose and have fun with it! I mean, a casualty or two along the way is no big deal, right?

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #2 on: December 26, 2011, »
Well got arch built and now got to paint it and add details.

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2012, »
Heres an update so far, built new cemetary arch with fog and lights, got 2 fog cooller tombstones built,  my power distribution setup.

Offline urthegman

« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2012, »
Did you spell cemetery with an "a" instead of 3 e's on purpose? I know there was a Goth/Metal band that spelled it that way years ago. I hate being the one to tell you it is spelled wrong, but better me telling you now when you can do something about, than some smart-aleck teenager telling you when you put your display out. George

Offline zwiller

« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2012, »
Killer sign!  Great job.   Acrylic or gels?  Wish I had room to store props light that
Sam, who is happy he flashed his etherdongle with newest firmware!

"Now, I had heard that word at least ten times a day from my old man. He worked in profanity the way other artists might work in oils or clay. It was his true medium; a master."

Offline LondoB5

« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2012, »
That's really cool the way you have it laid out with xmas and halloween(although not sure you meant it that way)! It's like Jack Skullington's nightmare before xmas!

Either way, I really love the gravestones.

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2012, »
ya we spelled it that way on porpus just to be diffrent

Offline Kwajtony

« Reply #8 on: April 10, 2012, »
Quite Impressive, lets see --- bar at 8'-8", I got a ways to go.<res.

R,
Tony "C"
R,
Tony "C"

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
« Reply #9 on: April 10, 2012, »
the cemetAry sign looks pretty cool.  It sorta has a sci-fi look to it.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #10 on: April 22, 2012, »
Heres an update so far got lots built and got to set up this weekend to see how everythings going to look, then m wife said looks great but are you going to have time to do christmas props to, i said sure got lots of time still, then she said its almost May  :o <md..
« Last Edit: April 22, 2012, by grumpy2076 »

Offline JerryPlak

« Reply #11 on: April 22, 2012, »
look Great

said its almost May  :o <md..
Jerry Plak

Offline typoagain

« Reply #12 on: April 23, 2012, »
That arch is fantastic.

But I do have a question, why did you go with wood for the tombstones?

I mean I live the designs you use and would love to have some just like them. (But for me storage would be a major issue.)

I am working a some tombstones right now myself. But I choose to go with Styrofoam to keep costs and weight down. I am just wondering why you choose to go with wood? I would hate to do and this work and find that you knew something that I had missed and I ended up doing it all over.
One of the new guys in Odessa TX.

Offline grumpy2076

« Reply #13 on: April 23, 2012, »
well ty for the great comments, first of i went with wood for one im a carpenter, so i got it all for free, two im not a big fan of strofm made some a few years ago just dont last get beat up, always touching up. So i chose something that will last a long time. Also idont  have to stake them down as they have wide and heavy bases.
« Last Edit: April 23, 2012, by grumpy2076 »

Offline LtKadeo

« Reply #14 on: April 23, 2012, »
Just my 2cents Styrofoam works good - have had some made now for several years - Yes need to be careful on storage and are not a durable as wood - but can shape a letter with an old solder gun. Found that even though the pink stuff is stronger it has some lines cut into it that need to be filled before finsh and can cause problems if you "burn" the letters in this section will not burn the same. If you use the white it has a tendency to flack off is small balls but if you hit it with heat can melt the surface just a little and looks like stone has been weathered. Also have found that the best way to hold the stones in place is to glue with liquid nail or RTV silicone a 1/2 inch PVC pipe and use re bar in the ground.
Can post pics and explan more if anyone needs.