Author Topic: business cards?  (Read 1028 times)

Offline Steve Gase

• WinterLightShow in Georgetown, TX
business cards?
« on: July 11, 2012, »
In LSH there are some people that carry business cards with LSH info that they can hand out when they find people interested in getting more info.  I've been asked before when carrying loads of lights out of Target, or buying lots of PVC endcaps from Home Depot...

Does anyone in the DLA community have a DLA card already designed for this purpose?
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline PJNMCT

• Patron Member
Re: business cards?
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2012, »
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login
In LSH there are some people that carry business cards with LSH info that they can hand out when they find people interested in getting more info.  I've been asked before when carrying loads of lights out of Target, or buying lots of PVC endcaps from Home Depot...

Does anyone in the DLA community have a DLA card already designed for this purpose?

I've had the same problem many times. ...and it's very difficult to take the time to look for pen and paper to write the URL as no one can remember it the first time. It sure would be helpful and I am interested in the results. I think I'll print some out myself if we can get a good looking card image made up. I've got zero graphic arts talent.

-Paul
Leesburg, FL

Offline RJ

• Administrator
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2012, »
I have a bunch I had made for this purpose.
I give them out at get togethers like the academy and minis ect.
RJ
Innovation beats imitation - and it's more satisfying

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2012, »
I have a bunch I had made for this purpose.
I give them out at get togethers like the academy and minis ect.
RJ
Do you have the setup info if we order some for ourselves? 

I'd like to also hand out some the next time we have one of our local LSH sessions.
You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login  |  110K channels, 50K lights  |  Nutcracker, Falcon, DLA, HolidayCoro

Offline combustionmark

« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2012, »
In one of the classes, it was mentioned. WOW what a grate idea! I liked one example, A simple photo of your display, name, location, date, time, and website. As always simple is better. And don't forget there are 2 sides. One for Christmas, and the other for Haloween.
Have Fun!

Offline Ryan Johnson

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2012, »
We did cards for  the Academy last year that were straight black on the front with the Academy logo.  These were expressly made for our attendance at the Halloween & Party Expo in January.  We're going to be doing a similar design for the Academy this year and it will have the LSH and DLA url as well as the Academy website address.  The hope is that people will have them for the busy season and we can all hand them out when people say "how do you do all this?"

To get an idea of how many cards we should budget for- how many folks would be interested in having some (and by interested I mean you'll hand them out not just have a box in the garage)?

Offline Steve Gase

« Reply #6 on: July 12, 2012, »
Cool!  I was hoping that I could carry LSH and DLA cards with me, but having a single card is much better!

I could imagine 30 cards for me personally, but I could also be a distribution point for the Austin area group.  We have about 10 regular attendees, but I'm hopeful we can double our group this year -- so lets say 20 people, 20 cards each.