Author Topic: Can a wireless Speaker adapter be used to cutdown noise in PC audio?  (Read 912 times)

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
Can a wireless Speaker adapter like this be used to cut down on the noise in PC audio? I was thinking I could possibly send bluetooth audio to this device and plug my transmitter into the device to create isolation between computer and transmitter. I have heard the pc's switching power supplies may introduce a lot of noise.

When I plug transmitter into my cell phone and play music from phone the transmitter transmits beautiful music. When I plug transmitter into computer it is noticeably not as good.

You are not allowed to view links. Register or Login

Offline peteandvanessa

I have a wireless transmitter plugged directly into my Laptop and the sound quality is just fine, no noise interference at all.

Offline keitha43

On my older computer I would get hum. It would be worse if I used a splitter to drive both a wireless transmitter and powered speakers in my yard. Keep the audio cable away from the audio cableing and sometimes a rf choke helps. Also make sure you are not overdriving the audio to your transmitter by turning down your audio volume.

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
i bought this receiver at Walmart.

It is awesome as far as the fidelity of the sound from FM transmitter. I would not have even questioned the old setup where I had the PC connected to transmitter because it sounded ok. But when I plugged my phone in as source of transmitter I could clearly see it was much better as far as hearing all the instruments in the songs very clearly. So I could not go back to the average sound. This receiver sounds just as good as the phone did. I am extremely happy. I suggest you plug your phones in to see if you get a difference and if so maybe this may be your solution to better quality sound.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
if you're getting a lot of hum, make sure your audio source (pc) and the transmitter are plugged into the same outlet from the wall. you might be getting a ground loop. worst case scenario, you can get an isolater that will help.

Ground Loop isolator on ebay for $5.99  i haven't tried it, but it's worth a try

To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline dpitts

• Restrictive
I was not getting hum. But others could be. I was noticing that the sound was better with my phone. The highs were higher and the bass was deeper. It had more depth with bluetooth receiver or phone attached to transmitter.

Offline chrisatpsu

• ahhh, yes... my new blink-i-nator 3000!!!
radio broadcast will limit some of that. there was a tutorial somewhere where you should limit sounds below a certain frequency, and above a frequency to make the music sound clear to a car radio. it's what the radio stations do to the songs before they are broadcast.
To rule the entire tri-state area!  What's that? Perry the Platypus!!!

Offline tbone321

It's actually the transmitter that can cause that.  FM does a pretty good job of broadcasting most of the frequency range that you can hear but it does take a good transmitter to do that.  Make sure that you are not overdriving the transmitter because that can cause clipping which will result in a reduced n=bandwidtrh ad reduced audio quality.
If at first you don't succeed,
your not cut out for sky diving