Hardware > Lynx Smart String

What is the EtherDongle

(1/15) > >>

RJ:
Full information about the EtherDongle will be released once it's full capability is ready to be shown. The EtherDongle plugs in to ethernet and outputs a multiverse (4 universes) of pixelnet or 16384 channels on one cat5 cable. This is the equivelant of 32 universes of DMX. 

This part is finished and functional at this time as a proto on the bench. The proto pcbs are not here for it yet. It is DIY and the soldering you will need to do is all easy through hole work. I have tested it with a number of different software packages at this point and it works with them all.

It is expandable with the addition of daughter cards.

The work is progressing on the next stage which is a daughter card that plugs in and allows it to do some really cool stuff we all have been waiting to have. It will be very conductive to your show I believe.

I will put more out when it is time.

Thanks

RJ

onesmoothhead:
so excited!!!!

<pop..

gforman:
Looking forward to this

<pop..

Corey872:
Guess I am getting confused here.  I was under the impression the Lynx Dongle pic could be reflashed to give the 16K channels, but this thread mentions 'proto' PCB's - so is a new PCB required after all?  Also, I thought I recalled a 'dmx out' on the hub boards.  Can we have pixelnet and DMX from the same dongle?

Lucas:
The Lynx dongle can be reflashed to output 1 universe of pixelnet data. No extra hardware required. The etherdongle is a new device that gives you 4 universes, so it is at least as good as four dongles, plus it connects via Ethernet (not USB) and looks like it will have other new features.

The 16 port Smart string/pixelnet hubs do have dmx output, but it costs you some of your pixelnet data (512 channels) so yeah you can get pixelnet and dmx from the one dongle if you have at least one hub.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version